Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 July 2012

The Boss is back



Hurray it’s Thursday!  Nearly the weekend and also the day that my boss Job the Jolly is back from his holidays on the Isle of Sheppey (he swears it was the Balearics but I have a sneaking suspicion it was more Sheerness than San Antonio).  Now you may be surprised to hear that I, Lady Lainey work, sadly needs must, have you seen the price of tiaras these days! Very spendy =go to work!


Job the Jolly is my saving grace. I am the only lady in the office and by that I mean Lady and female, so having to listen to the draughtsmen bitching about architects, site managers, roofing contractors, weakness of tea, builders bum etc is a little soul destroying and sometimes the language is a little too fruity for my ears. And if you believe that…….(Her Serene Highness (my mummy) always said (through gritted teeth) that having sent all of her offspring to elocution, she was so proud to see that it enabled us to swear with distinct pronunciation and articulation.!!!)

 Job the Jolly loves cricket nearly as much as Lady Lainey does and often tips up at
Chester Le Street
. At work we have TMS on the radio  and chatter non stop about everything from bad bowling, bad attitude in players to players carrying a few extra pounds (and they hadn’t even had one of Lady Lainey’s teas). Our favourite conversations are about our predictions for Durham XI, which is never the same as picked by Coach!
He allows me to have my top 10 cricketers plastered on the wall next to my desk (it changes weekly).  And he turns a blind eye to me to leaving early on T20 match days.

He is the kind of boss that any Lady would die for. (Job the Jolly, cheque on my desk in 10 minutes please, payable to moi!)

So today will be much more bearable with my cricket buddy back!

No comments :