Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 July 2012

Busy busy cricket week








Arundel Castle, not LT Tower!




Well  Monday morning and you could have knocked Lady Lainey  down with a strip of biltong, I now have readers in South Africa ( and I think I know who one of them is, none other than Prince Philip, my super besty friend in the Southern hemisphere). If it you Philip hope you find it amusing!

Big shout out also to @SummersTroy who very kindly retweeted  link in Australia so that boosted up my hits and of course a very big thanks you to Gillespie the Gallant who must be sick to death of mad Lady tweeting him the link! Many thanks to all for helping me go global!

Back to Monday and all quiet on the cricket front. And you may be wondering why I Lady Lainey super cricket fan and 'expresser' of opinions good or bad, have not mentioned anything to do with KP?  Well I do not have enough time to write everything that I would like to, but more to the point I refuse to waste my energy doing it. All I will say is NO, NO,NO to his demands.

However  sad news at super swanky Lady Lainey's office, Sir Robert of Solihull is leaving us! and I for one am very very sad, he may not be a cricket fan but is a super great person and I will miss him heaps and heaps.We have shadowed each other unknowingly all our lives. We lived across the green from each other and went to the same school in Co Durham when we were small children and then lived nearly round the corner from each other in Middlesex, and finally ended up working for the same company, super spooky!!

The rest of the week is sooooo cricket busy and I Lady Lainey may wear out my fingers typing like a mad thing.
Yorkshire are travelling down to Chesterfield (home of the crooked spire) to take on Derbyshire. So I will be watching scores with super keen interest. However the excitement in LT Towers is slowly building for Wednesday 25th QF day! When I will be donning my Yorkshire shirt and listening to it ‘on’t wireless!’

Durham are taking on Sussex down at Arundel, really lovely place, Countess Culshaw and I once went on a camping holiday there, oh my Lord what a week that was,………..  but that is a COMPLETELY different story!!!
And also we have the Test Match starting on Thursday (office radio tuned into TMS ).
I will be completely exhausted by Friday and still have teas over the weekend!

However it is only Monday!!!! No point wishing the week away as a lot can happen. (oh yes ‘Would like to be Lord Lainey’ picks new car up on Wednesday too. Big whoopdydoo for him!!!!).


No comments :