Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 July 2012

Dame Didi gets the Yellow shirt



Zut alors, An Englishman doing well on a bike in France! and not a stripy shirt or string of onions in sight! Only a yellow shirt. Go Bradley!,
Now before you think that I have lost the plot and am now going cycling crazy, I have to admit that I only watch the highlights of Le Tour De France to get as many glimpses of my beloved France as possible. However over at Chateau  de Saltburn, Dame Didi even records the live coverage! I can see her now out in her garage, polishing the bell on her tricycle and dreaming of doing the mountain stages up and down Saltburn bank! ( for readers abroad or other parts of England best to google Saltburn by the Sea, North Yorkshire UK). And Dame Didi, we both know why you are on a tricycle don't we!!! Mind that ditch and NO I wont rub you with a dock leaf there!!!!!! 

She is obviously getting into practice for returning to La Belle France on Wednesday ( and sooo obviously going to inflict great pain on Lady Lainey when she reads above paragraph), when she will be tearing up the back roads from Nantes Atlantique Airport to St Gille Croix De Vie in  a Citroen Deux Chevaux!!! ( Ok its  a Ford Focus). Don't forget to get the 'supplies' in the cellar for September.

Sad news for my Tykes, rain in Southampton meant game called off, and after the cracking day they had yesterday, very very sad.

Over at the cricket teas, Shildon  BR were doing pretty poo ( very technical cricket term! ) losing the first wicket in the first  3 balls! However lost track of the game whilst trying to Tweet, read 'Keeping Quiet' and 'jam and cream' scones, who says a Lady cannot multi-task!. By the time I had removed my 'marigolds' after washing up cups ( please get a dishwasher soon, or I may have to take Mr Funky with me to save my nails!). I was sooooo exhausted from manual labour that first thoughts were,' get in car and go home'( actually first thought was crack the bubbly its Bastille Day, any excuse!).

So now at  home  reclining on chaise Longue, and dealing with offending chips to very expensive nail job!


No comments :