Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Lady Lainey gets ready for the final push


Amazing super home county of Yorkshire


Woohooo before I get into full flow of cricket, super fabby news, Prince Philip of the Southern Hemisphere is coming to UK and then flying up to  stay with Lady Lainey this weekend, not too sure which house or on what he is going to sleep, but at least he can make some sarnies for the cricket teas! Only jolly well joking. I will be in Mrs Ordinary mode whilst he is sipping G & T's on the boundary (lucky blighter!!).


Well the cricket match at Leicester  was heart stopping especially getting updates on Twitter. Rain, cricket, wickets, dropped catch, cricket, Lunch, covers on, cricket, early tea, Lady Lainey feeling sick, rain, wicket, lost overs, rain and then finally all over and the game declared a draw. A very sad finish to an exceptional game of cricket, well played Yorkshire and onwards to the next match!.

I Lady lainey was nearly chewing my nails down to my knuckles and that is not a very Ladylike thing to do so, scoffed some wine gums instead,( I was hoping that  I don't get pulled over on the way home in Lady Lainey Limo hahahaha).

Even though I am now, manically stressed with up coming move, I am trying to remain super bouncy happy and look on the positive side of said move, i.e water just coming out of tap at LT Towers II and not walls like LT Towers. And we are now into moving week so I need to get my act together.

So after work  I got into the Lady Lainey limo ( yes sometimes I do drive myself) went over to LT Towers II and deposited more clothes, handbags shoes and tiara's. Mr Funky had been round earlier to mow the lawns, and had found FROGS!!!! Now these are something that I don't like at all unless their legs are on a plate with garlic butter ( sorry to any vegetarian readers!). Mr Funky said that he frightened them away but I Lady Lainey am not as green as I am cabbage looking, I know that they are loving the longish grass and the fact that it will be a bit wet in there too,makes for a lovely frog homey type place. I will now be terrified to go into the garden!!! I am a big scaredy Lady Lainey really, not keen on mice either so hopefully don't meet any of those out in the grounds!!.

Finally just to say that I Lady Lainey love Twitter, it is a great social media site and helps you to interact with people that you normally would never have had contact  with,( Gillespie the Gallant is probably wishing it didn't exist!) but when used in the wrong context it becomes a monster. In the case of British diver Tom Daly, very plucky young man who is representing his country, and giving his all, so for some person ( and I will not name and shame the said person as the media in the UK are doing that very well thank you) to make cruel comments about him on Twitter is just not 'cricket' or diving in Tom's case. He is a  very brave young man too and gets my full admiration. Chin up Tom and your father would be very proud of you.

On the plus side British men won a bronze in the gymnastics and the British Equestrian team are currently in Silver medal position.









No comments :