Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 July 2012

Not Monday again?????

Lady Lainey before her  orange afro!!!

Monday Morning 6.40am and I am super exhausted! I can't believe that it is Monday again!

 Anyhoooo what a  day I, Lady Lainey had yesterday. Took Count Christophe for his flight back to sunny Saltburn then  Mr Funky helped me move some of my rubbish treasures to LT Towers II.And then we went to 'The Riverside ' ground ( or Emirate Durham ICG if you are sponsorship minded) to watch what we knew would be the final hour of (former super) home county Durham's match..
Before I get in to a right and proper rant I will just say that both Durham and Middlesex bowled very well it was just the batting that looked like something out of 'Kwik Kricket'.  Durham finally won but although lots of Durham fans were jumping up and down in their seat and squealing with delight I, Lady Lainey retained my composure ( not that hard I can tell you) and put a firm arm across Mr Funky's chest to restrain him from jumping about like a mad thing. Durham may have won but they have no way exonerated  themselves in my eyes.
They still play as a disjointed team, leave out some of their better bowlers and don't appear to talk to each other. Geoff Cook still sits on the balcony scribbling  books and books of notes ( he is probably writing his memoirs) and nothing changes in the whole outlook for Durham. Bring in new blood, get rid of dead wood, bring Lady Lainey in to give team talks. ( I am sure the prices of 'Creme de la Mer moisturiser, the latest Jimmy Choo's and the good champagne guide is far more motivating than anything they are listening to now!!)

But YORKSHIRE!!! I could wax lyrical about 'my Tykes' , what a turn around from last season, how amazing are they???, can I be the official writer for  them???? OK maybe that is not an option but they are doing blinking well and for that we can only say that Gillespie the Gallant is doing his stuff. and the team are responding. #COYT. A double century for Lyth, well that is great cricket. Enough said.

Other sporty news,
1) Baron Button didn't win the Hungarian Grand Prix or get on the podium.
2) Lizzie Armistead got a silver in Road race cycling
3) Rebecca Adlington  got a bronze ( too much media pressure on her??)
4) China have most medals
5) Australia A at Riverside ground this week


So off to work and keeping up on Twitter to see what super home county of Yorkshire pull out of the bag today!.

Oh yes and Dame Didi has decided not to go for Chateau Didi Deux, so no packing and moving in September hurrayyyy!!!





No comments :