Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 July 2012

Tails from the boundary!



Now you may be wondering what Lady Lainey is doing with a photograph of Mr Ryan Sidebottoms posterior?

Most times that I the Lady Lainey trot off to the cricket I am accompanied by my trusty chauffeur Mr Funky. ( although occasionally I am with 'would like to be Lord Lainey'). Anyhoo Mr Funky drives me door to door and occasionally, 'aids' me in the long and tortuous walk back to the car at the end of the game when my legs won't work properly. This happens a couple of times a season when I, Lady Lainey let my  hair down and whoop it up with lots of wine,and champers. However I digress, the above photograph was an opportunity too good to miss.

Mr Funky suggsted to Lady Lainey that they have a bit of a trip to the seaside, woohoo Lady Lainey was jumping up and down with excitement , candy floss, fish and chips, candy dummys, false teeth , cream teas and  'splodging in the sea'  with a knotted hankie on her head, and then sick bags at the ready on the way home!
But clever old Mr Funky knew how much Lady Lainey loves cricket and had planned a trip to Scarborough for her to see her beloved Yorkshire.

Now Lady Lainey was born in Yorkshire, grew up in Durham and spent most of her adult life  in Middlesex before moving back to Durham, that makes one very confused Lady bird!!!
However 'roots is roots!' and Yorkshire tends to make her heart swell with pride.

So on arrival they took up Lady Laineys usual position (NO NOT THAT ONE!!!!!) on the boundary and ate their lunch that cook had prepared for them before leaving  LT Towers
Mr Funky happened to ask  me  if there was a camera handy  ( I was doing the crossword at the time) and rather sharply I asked why.

Mr Funky smiled at me and nodded, and this was the result!

I love cricket me!!!





No comments :