Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Torrential Tuesday







 What the ‘Donald Duck’ is going on with the weather???!! I, Lady Lainey am now truly sick of:-

a)      getting orange curls soaked everyday
b)      not being able to wear lovely Lady Lainey frocks and pretty sandals
c)      tan disappearing and quickly turning to rust!
d)      Cricket being badly affected!

Roll on September when Dame Didi and I take our bi-yearly pilgrimage to the vineyards of the Nantes region to sample as much vino as possible and lay around on the terrace, drinking said wine, eating huge amounts of cheese and fab French patisserie.
Anyhoooo, talking about over indulging………. after eating and drinking my bodyweight this weekend, I decided to go to an exercise class after work last night.
 Zut alors!!!!! Who really thought that zumba was a good idea? I had to jig and jump around in an area the size of a postage stamp (due to 2 sumo wrestlers doing zumba on either side of me!). Some stick insect on a stage screaming out directions which the sumos completely ignored and appeared hell bent on squidging me into a Lady Lainey sandwich! Scary to say the least. All of this and trying to keep my tiara on!!! Not a great success.
So tonight I will be back to swimming my 30 lengths of the  pool, which I will do a couple of times a week and combine that with a jog in North Park every morning before I roll up at the office ( weather permitting, no way am I getting out of bed to run about in rain). And hopefully will be back to LadyLike shape in no time.  
Cricket wise Durham are now losing Michael Di Venuto as he is  retiring from County Cricket, hopefully now we will get some fresh blood into the side and it will boost the team to finally winning something next season. A match maybe!!!Maybe a backroom shake up is in order too; maybe I should keep my opinions to myself! But hey what the heck, not as if anyone from Durham reads this!.   
Lady Lainey has been a member of Durham since day one as was Her Serene highness (my mummy) and how she loved to see the ‘chaps’ play! Who can forget when we all used to tip up at the Ropery Lane ground, squeeze into the cricket club and have a jolly good time in the bar. So I have watched the County build itself up and now it appears to me to be in danger of toppling over. OK Rant over.

On the home front, there are so many boxes everywhere that it is like an army assault course trying to get from one room to another ( probably no need for exercise classes, mountain climbing maybe!). Heaven only knows how many trees were felled to enable Lady Lainey to move into LT Towers II. Heaven only knows where Lady Lainey got all this 'junk' from considering she walked into this house with her handbag ( OK about 40 handbags!).Clock is ticking until the big day and as yet I have no idea what the tenants have done to the other house!.
Just keeping everything crossed that the transition is smooth, although with the luck I have been having lately......








No comments :