Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 August 2012

More cricket and more cricket teas!



Come back soon your Royal Ryanness



I, Lady Lainey have been up since the crack of dawn finishing off sustenance for cricketers of super swanky cricket club of Marton. Luckily my besty friend M'lady Margaret, came round last night and helped me to do things in readiness for today as I am beginning to think that I am stretching my self a bit thin at the moment.My elbow is still very very sore but I will soldier on, like the Lady that I am.

On the cricket front, England had a jolly good day. With (pains me to say it) KP scoring a century and finishing the day 149 not out. however his comment of ' I have never batted better in my life' brings to mind a nickname that I heard he had been given 'FIGJAM'. You can see why he is in much demand in the IPL!!
I think that the South Africans will go out today with a stronger game plan.

Once again rain followed my Tykes, this time to Northamptonshire which resulted in the match being drawn. rather than giving a chance of victory for my super boys. I feel for the team, can appreciate if they are frustrated, but come on boys! Keep strong, and a busy week this week for you all , so  #COYT. Don't let your best Lady super fan down( I know you won't).

Durham are playing Scotland today and although they  beat them earlier in the season, Scotland for me, always seem to be a strong bowling team, lets see if they have improved in their batting.

When I was doing teas at super Shildon BR yesterday, there was a lot of mutterings about the state of Durham CCC and you know that I am not one to indulge in idle gossip about cricket  ( well OK may be I do now and again!). It appears that lots of other folk ( and not just Lady Lainey) are appalled by the apparent lack of team spirit, fighting spirit, Durham spirit, too much drinking of spirits!!!! Socks pulled up and all that type of thing is needed, but I won't get on my soapbox again about this I think that you all know how I feel.

Mr Funky came over yesterday evening to move some things for me and fair nearly chopped his finger off!!! Well all right I exaggerate slightly, but he cut his finger very badly. after putting a 'Power Rangers' plaster on for him, he was back to his usual self. He went home to have a bath and get ready to watch Jessica Ennis in her race.

Now I wondered if Jessica realised that Mr Funky had a bath specially for her?????



No comments :