Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 August 2012

Day out to Scarborough



Wooohoooo its here!!! The day I have been waiting for,I am jumping around like a mad thing with excitement. I am going back to Scarborough to cricket and so flipping excited that I hardly slept at all last night!.(3am watching Holby City not a good idea, went back to sleep when the news channel came on)

I have packed up a picnic tea for Mr Funky the chauffeur and I, ( he is treating me to fish and chips for lunch, methinks I pay him too much), and everything is packed up and ready for him arriving.I also have my raffle ticket tucked in a safe place( hope I don't get strip searched at the gate !) even though its not drawn until Friday.

Yesterday I Lady Lainey had a relatively quiet day, Over at Platinum Duck palace ( hub of cricket tea empire) I was doing some prep for cricket teas today which will very kindly be delivered to Super Shildon BR CC by besty friend Countess Christine of Mc Nally. Also checking out all my treasures that I have sold on ebay and putting on another load of rubbish goodies to sell. I am seriously hoping to be able to get rid of all the things I no longer want by Christmas!!!!! ( actually I jolly well hope that I have it all sorted by October). I also had a little accident with the recycling bin and broke another two nails which did not make me happy at all, Now I have had to cut the blinking rest down and hope that they grow a little before I fly off to La Belle France in 3 weeks.

FROGWATCH

I haven't seen the little blighter since last week so was hoping (or hopping in its case) that it had packed its bags and moved on, no blinking luck. I, Lady Lainey, bravely went out into the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers last evening to bring in my washing and was merrily walking back into the house when suddenly the little monster hopped out of the walled garden right in front of me. I nearly fainted with fright. It looked at me and then hopped back onto the lawn. I raced into the house and now am a prisoner in my own home as the said frog is watching and waiting for me to come out!

On this day 27th august

1969 Mark Ealham Kent and England allrounder was born
1970 Mark Ilott England cricketer was born
2008 Barack Obama becomes first Afro-American presidential candidate


So now with orange curls 'sort of' tamed and umbrella at the ready ( rain is forecast) I am ready to go to Scarborough and see my wonderful Tykes.
I love cricket me!!!

No comments :