Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 August 2012

England draw










Well the super news is that the spare room is sorted at Tykes Towers ( formerly LT Towers II), and the office is good to go as soon as I move the computer over,but as I have no broadband until goodness knows when, I am hanging  on at LT Towers with the computer. Dining room still full of boxes but I am finally seeing a fresh start ahead.

Which is exactly what the England selectors need to be having.....a  fresh start with a  fresh team!, and I think that you all know who would go first in my cull! Although it did look as if the final day was going to be quite thrilling ( not a word I use to describe an England match very often!), with South Africa declaring at 258, leaving England  253 to win in 39 overs. Yipppeeee!!!  England looked as if they were going to really go for it but after losing their 4th wicket with 20 overs gone, they looked to just be playing it safe! At 7.32pm yesterday evening the match was drawn.

That is all the cricket news I have today which is jolly sad for me, as I have been lost without checking Twitter every five minutes to see what is going on at Super besty home county and the other one!

I am seriously black and blue and have some very bad bruising on my wrists, one of the 'cheeky boys' at work made reference to 'ropes' and 'not that tight in future'. HHMMMM he won't be saying that to Lady Lainey again!!

Well tomorrow is D Day or M Day as it should be, yes I will finally be moving lock, stock and tiara's into Tykes Towers, I know that you will all be breathing a sigh of relief as I think that you must be jolly bored stiff, with me rattling on about moving and boxes and aches and pains and bruises. etc.

And as I have been at the said house nearly every waking moment, I have been missing out on other sports news, but apparently Team GB won another gold in the velodrome and a bronze in ladies gymnastics. so well done.
Mr Funky also text to ask me if I was going to watch Durham this weekend, so after some hasty negotiations with  Rt Hon Robbo Jr and  Dame Didi ( Yes she is back from La Belle France, hurray!), I can relax in super new home and also go to cricket safe in the knowledge that my cricket tea empire is in safe hands.

No comments :