Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Last County match for Lady Lainey






Scarborough Cricket ground ( but not yesterday!


Well what a day I had yesterday, Mr Funky picked me up and delivered me to Scarbados, well not actually that hot but at least I was there. Sad news for me was that his Royal Ryanness wasn't playing and this was to be my last county match until next year!

Warwickshire went into bat first, Mr Funky and I had out eyes peeled for the 'rotund one' on loan from Durham, but guessed he was still at the dining table. Mr Funky went to get me fish and chips which were delicious even though we were in constant peril , due to being dive bombed by the biggest blinking seagulls you have ever seen.I actually think that one was an albatross!!!
Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spotted a face at the dressing room window, yes you have guessed it, it was his Royal Ryanness, I was nearly bouncing in my seat!.Mr Funky said I was to restrain myself ( before His Royal Ryanness got a restraining order out on me!).

Michael Parkinson also made an appearance, he didn't offer me a Parker pen I guess because he knew that I wasn't over 50 ( yet!)

Gillespie the Gallant was busy being coach and doing all things coach like, Mr Funky said I should go and ask for his autograph, well I was struck dumb and my orange curls nearly stood on end!....how on earth could he suggest such a thing! I remained firmly glued to my seat. Me the shy and retiring Lady Lainey approach Gillespie the Gallant!!!

And then it rained, and it rained and then it stopped raining and got very very cold. Well as you may have worked out from my blogs, I  lady Lainey do not like cold weather ( me thinks that the stork dropped me off too far from the equator by mistake,especially in the icy wastes of the North!) I was wrapped up in a blanket because of  the cold, Mr Funky who had been walking badly all day and sitting rather uncomfortably, said that his back was killing him ( he says his injury is from sometimes having to lift my handbag, when in actual fact I think it is old age!) and that we would have to go home ( we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us). This was the end of my county cricket season and I fair blubbed in the car all the way home.
 Oh yes and sadly my Tykes lost!

Joe Root was playing and I think that I finally know who he reminds me of.......

Mark Lester as Oliver


Joe Root as Oliver
     
And so with a very heavy heart I have said farewell to my Tykes for this season. I will keep up to date on the scores this week and am still hoping to win 3rd prize in the raffle and then my season will be complete.

Well off to super swanky Lady Lainey office for four days of torture fun with the 'boys'.

No comments :