Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 August 2012

Tears, Tired and no Trophy

The man who took us to the Finals! 


We lost!!, however those two words will never be able to convey the game that Yorkshire played last night.
Well 11am yesterday morning Yorkshire went into bat with Jonny Bairstow scoring  68 as they outplayed Sussex in the semi, His Royal Ryanness took a wicket and  was involved in a run out  which helped them through to the final.
So with a few hours to kill before the final,I Lady Lainey went to visit Auntie Lady Lynne and Lord Tony, and was surprised to see cousin Sir Stuart ( not seen him for about 20 years as in the forces). A nice afternoon, and then home to get ready for 6.45pm.

As you will know if you read my blog Hampshire are my super besty team in the south , but to put them against my Tykes is a bad thing! So I settled down for the final feeling jolly sick. To cut out the long winded match analysis, Hants batted first and it looked as if their final score was easily achievable, even Job the Jolly was sending me texts  saying it was a walkover. Well sadly it didn't go to plan. Hants scored 150 off 20 overs and Yorkshire scored 140. However what a thrilling match and well played by both teams ( but especially Yorkshire as they played their best). Big shout out to Dimi and the boys from Hampshire who played well. However Yorkshire will be back!!!!!!  #COYT

Another result from finals day was that in the Mascot Race, Chester the Lion ( Durham's Mascot) came last! enough said.

And so today I have a rare Sunday off and am going to crack on at Tykes Towers and unpack the last few boxes, do some gardening, make a picnic because............................................TOMORROW I AM GOING TO SCARBOROUGH. I am not sure if I will sleep tonight with the excitement.!



No comments :