Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Tired Lady Lainey ,Never drink again(y)








Whoops, I Lady Lainey was only meant to have a couple of shandies last night and by the sound of the drums in my head I think that I had a couple too many!! I want to go back to sleep!.However it was Sir Robert of Solihulls leaving do, so had to be worth it!
When he arrived yesterday he was  bearing gifts ( From Comtessa Cruse and Hon Hodsman besty friends in London). Woohoo I was jumping up and down with excitement, lovely handbag and beautiful cushion covers for Tykes Towers, very gorgeous gift for moi!!!! Thats a nice little job when I get home tonight, to get them 'stuffed' and on the sofas!

News on the cricket front, teams were announced for ODI's and T20's, well done Jonny Bairstow, you have made it, and also super Tyke Tim Bresnan. Proud of you both and know that you will be  great additions to the teams Also lots ( way too much) of news coverage for KP regarding omission from squads etc, why are they even still reporting on him, waste of airtime.( However fabby Simon Jones took his wicket and it was a brilliant bit of bowling!)

Tonight my 'Tykes are in action against Kent and it is their last match before finals day. #coyt lets get ready to rumble!! I have tried to avoid 'Tweeting' Gillespie the Gallant'  ( did send one!) as I think he
  1. Needs a break
  2. Needs to focus on upcoming matches with the team
  3. Is a super nice guy, as he always retweets my blog
Durham were playing Worcs and made a good start ( which makes a change), They bowled Worcester out for 120 with Chris Rushworth bowling well ( jolly nice chap and 'daddy' of lovely little dog Pasha often seen at the ground). In reply Durham had lost a man before a run was on the board  ( OMG why am I surprised). However they pulled their socks up, adjusted their boxes and were over the 200 mark by close of play. Lets see what day 2 brings!

News on  the other super sporty front, cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo is trying out with Toronto FC........yes Toronto Canada would you 'Adam and Eve' it Well I jolly well can't, but good on you Hooligan, show them some of your best moves( no, not the elbow in the back when the refs not looking!) and teach them a few new words!!!!

The Blades drew 1-1 with Coventry City last night too. #coyb

Thought I would once again add some interesting facts about the 22nd August ( and they all seem to have an Australian feel!)

1897 Bill Woodfull, cricketer was born (Australian captain in the Bodyline series)
1930  Australia regain Ashes on 6th day of 5th Cricket Test
1956  Peter Taylor, cricketer was born (Australian off-spinner 1987-92)
1988  Australia unveils 1st platinum coin (Koala)

Well finally got my tiara on straight and slapped on some war paint, so off to super swanky Lady Lainey office to see if the 'boys' are as rough as I am!




No comments :