Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 August 2012

Wouldn't you like to be a Tyke?






What a star!

Yesterday made me even prouder to be a Tyke, as you will read further down the page. But before I launch into a run down of  of  yesterday I thought I would give you a few interesting facts about 18th August ( gosh I am really expanding this blog!)

18th August 1951  The 1st class debut of Ray Illingworth

18th August 1966 First pictures of the earth from the moons orbit, sent back to USA.

18th August 1971 Sheffield United beat Leeds United ( sorry Pauly Paul)  3-0 at Bramell Lane  #coyb!!!


and after that little interlude, back to all things crickety ( and super news for all Tykes).

Whoop de doop, I'm not lyin'
3 early wickets by 'Super Tyke Ryan'

I,Lady Lainey was bouncing up and down in my office chair with super excitement ( actually glad that you couldn't see me doing the cheerleading bit with above rhyme! ).I was reading the updates on Twitter and was extra excited that they were playing especially as it had been raining hard at Headingley earlier. Andrew Hodd also made a great start with the team, good going for a 'temp' Tyke. Derbyshire closed on 233-8. #coyt    super team!

And talking about Tykes.......well done to Jonny Bairstow who got his maiden test half century. Big cheers went up in Tykes Towers and a couple of glasses of sherry were consumed last evening! England closed on 208-5 . I am jolly proud of Jonny but think that the Bairstow and Yorkshire CCC family will be even prouder!

Former super besty home team of Durham seemed to still be in shock from the amazing results from yesterday, however they closed the day on 301-7 which begs the question, how are they racking up scores like this now, at the tail end of the season. As I am not attending another Durham match this season I will be unable to comment on whether the comradeship on the field has improved!

Later today Adelaide Crows will be taking on  Brisbane Lions, so a big shout out COYC!!!! Results tomorrow.

I am now awaiting the arrival of  the Gas engineer to come and do his stuff  so as to  finally give me hot water, then going to do my good deed for the day at the local church where friends  Sir Kevin and the fair Hazel are fund raising. Later Dame Didi is coming to stay at Tykes Towers. We are going to do a spot of shopping them settle down to the important things like eating, drinking and watching French films, I think tonight will be  either 'Tell no one' with Kristin Scott Thomas or 'Hors Prix' with Audrey Tautou, or both as they are equally good films. However last minute inclusion in list is good film ( not French but France in it) 'Bottle Shock' with the wonderful Alan Rickman. Think I will leave the decision to the Dame!

Bon journee tout le monde

No comments :