Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Tuesday, Tuesday, Holiday newsday






and what was this man up too????



Well its Tuesday already and I am desperately trying to catch up on all things cricket, The funny thing is that after 9 day off Twitter  I have really missed Gillespie the Gallants tweets, I love it when he sends his one word answers, they always make me giggle. How will I cope until April without his funny one word answers! ( probably the answer is 'FINE').

I have also been catching up on all the cricket gossip  ( and aren't you cricket boys 'bitchy', wow you put us girlies to shame). Reading as many reports as I can squeeze in and also heard that local clubs around Lady lainey land are playing matches still ( it is obviously to catch up on those lost over the season)

The Duke of Adelaide has changed his profile picture and appears to be basking in  Spring sunshine, I am tres jealous as in the UK over the 'summer' any sunshine would have been good. However having topped up my vitamin D levels in France I think I will, get through the winter without developing rickets.

Well what were Dame Didi and I up to in France??? Well the usual fun filled, laugh a minute time, but starting in Manchester when I was approached by a very badly dressed 'cross dresser' I have no problem with anyone dressing how they want but for goodness sake, have a shave, and shave your legs and your chest, wear something halfway decent,not look as if you got dressed in the dark. Knee high socks, short skirts and hairy legs and hairy chest is never a good look ( I am not speaking from personal experience mind!!).  And DO NOT stand heavy breathing behind me in the queue!

Amsterdam airport = jobs worth woman, who wouldn't let me through on the 'quick get away'queue. Leaving me less than 10 mins to get to the plane. So they closed the gate on me and I very nearly used some unlady like words ( like 'blinking open that gate, you chuffing silly billy, I am getting on that flipping plane if its the last thing I do'). Eventually I got on a bus with the 6 other people and finally made the Air France City hopper!

And so to France and Chateau Didi Premier. Lots of wine and lovely food, raves going on at the neighbours 2 Saturday nights running and star gazing ( which was amazing). A trip to the Pharmacie ( see separate blog) and a couple of trips to the O'bel Bar where we were going to have a little flutter  on the horses, but couldn't figure out how to do it, so we played on the 'Rapido'. If you are ever in France, try this in the PMU bars, it runs every 5 mins. We spent 4 euro and won 3! OK not earth shattering but the Dame and I  were whooping like mad things and the 'Marseillaise' whistling parrot was going loopy too and then the barman was trying to ply us with Pastis ( he knows us too well methinks).

After playing 'Secret Squirrel' with Dame Didi we spotted the  the neighbour naked in the bathroom. Zut alors!!!! it was enough to give me nightmares but luckily after a vat of Gros Plant the image washed away. (Last time I hide behind a shed and go 'commando through the bushes to investigate noise!!!)

And then suddenly it was time to pack bags and drive back to Nantes, I was kicking and screaming this time as I really didn't want to come back to the UK.

And now after getting the first day over at super swanky Lady Lainey office, and seeing the amount of work that has accumulated whilst I have been away, I think that today I had best get my head down and see how much I can get done.....................


...................whilst day dreaming about my next trip home to France!.

And finally MV....NO NO NO to KP!!!!!



No comments :