Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 September 2012

What a let down





13 days until I am driving down this tree lined avenue




Dame Didi called into Tykes Towers yesterday morning as I was getting all the staples together for the tea at Super Shildon BR CC, when my mobile rang it was Rt Hon Robbo jr. Well there had been no rain ( for a change) and there was none forecast so it was a mystery as to why he was ringing.  The call was to tell me that the game was off,due  to not being able to get a team out! Poor Rt Hon Robbo Jr! The club is his pride and joy and he is always dismayed when this happens. Boys of Super Shildon CC get your blinking acts together  you either play for the club or you don't. There are people who give alot of their time to making sure that things run smoothly at the clubs and then get let down at the last moment!.

Also realised that tomorrow is the last tea at Marton CC, phheewwww!!! what a relief now I can go to the T20 Eng v SA  next week without the worry of teas the next day. Yipppeee, G & T's for Lady Lainey, carpet burgers from the burger man at Chester Le Street, coffee and brandy if it is flipping cold and Mr Funky driving me home.WOOOOOOOO breaking news, I am asked to attend the cricket presentation at Super Shildon BR CC that same evening, so probably not best to roll in slightly squiffy especially as cousins RT Hon  Robbo Middle and the Fair Florence will be there, got to try to be on my best behaviour! damn and blast!!!

So a day to myself (again) and put up some more pictures as well as doing very mundane things ( putting on dishwasher....yes I can do that myself!). As well as lying on the chaise longue and having a bit of a nap. Then the phone rang it was besty friend in the South, Comtessa Cruse and her other half Rt  Hon Hodsman with the latest news from Pinner. An hour and a half later after crying with laughter/desperation at the antics  of our other friend Lady Jane ( who managed to get a friend lost on the 2 mile journey from her house to the Comtessa's) it was decided that possibly Comtessa should dye her hair brown so as not to be associated with the previously mentioned Lady Jane ( she is blonde!). However they had a terrific meal in an Indian Members club in Northwood Hills that I Lady Lainey had been to a few times when I lived there.


So today we have

Paralympics continuing

F1 in Belgium with........................Baron Button on Pole, #coyj

Lady Lainey attempting to put out washing without being attacked by mutant frogs

Cricket teas at Marton CC ( very close to birthplace of Lady Lainey)

Busy day for me, so best to get on with it.


No comments :