Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Mid week........










Holy flipping mackerel  I tweeted  Gillespie the Gallant yesterday that my blog was on line ( well he was probably only packing his smalls), and then suddenly the South Africa map lit up( I have a little map which lights up in the countries of the world where it is read). Now I am not saying it was him, but I know that he has read it in the past and the ones that were read yesterday were all about my Tykes ( yes I know nearly all of the posts are about the Tykes!!), so I am chuffing well over the moon that he took the time to dip back into 'Lady Lainey World'.

I was quite looking forward to my evening out at the local cricket club with Mr Funky the chauffeur, answering random questions for the amazing chance of winning 5 pints!. Well they only went and cancelled it, after I had got myself all psyched up to  go and thrash the opposition ( OK its not the winning but the taking part......but hell if I am taking part I am going to win!!). I am now hoping that they will hold one next Tuesday evening and then I can go and drink copious amounts of limeade ( driving in the morning), and astound everyone ( 2 men and a dog?) with my knowledge of the most useless things ever. Fingers crossed.

I am still getting hits on last Fridays blog which reported the sudden death of the wonderful Mr Bruce Ritchie ,former master  at Merchant Taylors School, Northwood. Thank you  to the person who commented on the piece. Bruce was much loved and respected.

It is now just over 2 weeks until my supersonic birthday bash in Manchester with Dame Didi, I am super excited and we are going in the new Lady Lainey limo too. So I am doing pilates and a little bit of jogging ( former back injury stops running, and the fact that my tiara falls off too), in a desperate bid to shift at least 4lbs more  before the big weekend. Super new frock to wear so really excited!.

A little bit of crickety news Brit Insurance will no longer be sponsoring the England team when its 4 year deal ends early in 2014. Maybe I should ask big boss of Lady Lainey's company to sponsor the boys and then we can all go to the matches and drink copious amounts of champagne, eat lovely food and jump around with excitement every time the ball is hit. ( oh I do that any way so no change for me!).Wonder who will step up to take that on!( the sponsorship, not me silly!!).

Finally I have have a home inspection visit next week to see if I am going to be a suitable 'foster' mummy to little dogs. Fingers crossed.


on this day 24th October 2003

The last Concorde flew into Heathrow..........................




















Disney Princess Shoes Giftset (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments :