Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Tykes first match






Gillespie the Gallant (Damon Hillesque???)



Wowwweeee I am super bouncy happy clappy stampy excited as I have more Tykes cricket to look forward to, as  today is Yorkshire's first real match in the CLT20, they are playing UVA and it is a 12.30pm start ( UK time). I will be sitting at my desk in super swanky Lady Lainey office, but will be keeping up to date on Twitter so a hearty #COYT and lets get this one under our belts.

Apparently there was some rain in Jo'burg this morning but fingers crossed the sun will shine on the righteous, Yorkshire that is!, more worryingly is the fact that there have been allegations that Umpires have been taking bribes for match fixing. NOT CRICKET !!!!!! STAMP IT OUT!!!!!!

Other sporty(ish) news, over the last weekend Super former besty motor racing driver in the whole world Damon Hill ( as you can guess I Lady Lainey loooooove him), made an emotional tribute to his late father Graham Hill, when he got behind the wheel of his fathers racing car.

The 52-year-old had to fight back his tears as he drove the BRM F1 he had sat in as a child at the team's base in Bourne, in Lincolnshire.
His father not only won two World Championships but also won the Indianapolis 500 and also Le Mans.He also went on to start his own fledgling F1 team before he was tragically killed in a plane crash when Damon was 15.
Damon and his father are still the only father and son to have ever won Formula 1 World Championship titles. And he was a super dooper real gentleman fabby racing driver ( yes even better than Baron Button).

If anyone is interested in helping out a worthwhile cause log onto www.chancetoshine.org which is helping to educate children through sport. Its a great opportunity to support a cause that is run by The Cricket Foundation and aims to bring competitive cricket and its social and educational benefits- to state school children across England and Wales, it helps also to break down social and cultural barriers.
 Anyone locally who knows me can purchase a wrist band from me for the princely sum of £1. And if anyone else wants one just let me know, I will do what I can to get one to you.
You all know how much I Lady Lainey love cricket , now I am trying to help children love it as much as I do .............SIMPLES!!!!!

And finally I went to visit my friend  M'Lady Jolanta last night to see her beautiful week old son Amir. he is tiny but sooooo gorgeous and lives up to the translation of his name, 'Prince'. He slept through the whole hour that I was there( obviously didn't want to see his beautiful  new besty Auntie Lady Lainey). 

So now just have to wait for the Twitter feed on the match.

Have a great day.



Damon Hill (Gillespie the Gallantesque????)

No comments :