Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 January 2013

Bouncy twirly ( don't slip on the ice) Thursday






Lady Lainey's XI ( well 3)


Flipping heck, walked/slipped/skidded off down to 'fat fighters' last night and I had only lost 6.5lbs. Zut a flipping lors I am fair fading away ( not much chance of that).I think the secret is drinking 2 litres of water a day. I lost weight running up and down stairs to the ladies room!. OK enough of all that!


It is still freezing   here in the icy waste of the North of blighty and it was down to -8 last night. The roads are not going to be too good this morning, so I am making an early start to try to avoid the mad panic/ rush. I did not see any gritters out last night which is a worry too. However hopefully today will warm up and the thaw can begin.

Soooooooo do I need to mention the results of yesterdays ODI?? well yes I do. India sealed a 3-1 lead  yesterday. They had won the toss and put England into bat. Cook and Bell opening. Bell was out with 10 runs on the board, and Pieterson and cook both came out of it with 76 runs apiece. Joe Root was next highest scoring on  57 N O. They finished  257 after 50 overs. Not a bad score. However India went into bat and finished on 258 in 47.3 overs ( Bresnan taking one wicket). Calls of poor umpiring did not mar the game but maybe some decisions  were not great. England need to regroup and possibly omit Bell #onlysaying!!!

Dale Benkenstein has been named captain of MCC  Squad to play Warwickshire in Abu Dhabi in March. Sad to say no Tykes have been selected!.

In football land Swansea knocked Chelsea out of the League cup so not a good night for Rafa. I, Lady Lainey keep a careful eye on Chelsea as local boy Ross Turnbull sometimes play. When he is in the area he can be spotted in Lady Laineyville Cricket/ sports club. He also is very good chap and does a lot to promote the football club there. Local boy who hasn't forgotten his roots.


Prince Harry arrived home last night after serving his country. I am sick of the media being on his case. yes he is a Prince, but he is also a young working man. So letting his hair down every now and again should not be sensationalised by the media. They terrorised his mother and we all know how that ended.They played pranks on the hospital where his sister in law was ill very early in her pregnancy, carrying the future Heir to the throne. And we all know how that ended. Cut Harry a bit of slack and let him have some life before he settles down and enters 'The Firm' properly.

OK Royal Rant over.


 I am keeping it short today as I have lots to do before I zoom of to super swanky Lady Lainey office. however I'll be back............................................

No comments :