Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 January 2013

Snowy Sunday too..........





Lady  Lainey Domestic Goddess




So after braving the elements and having a walk/slip/tiptoe/slide to Lady Laineyville, I came home all prepared to dig in and bury myself in my 'blanky' and watch rubbish on the TV. However something jolly blinking strange happened when I got back to Tykes Towers, and I think that it may have had something to do with my bump on the head earlier in the week.

I came home and started cooking!!!!! Now this is not so strange in itself as I can cook flipping well, because for many years after leaving 'finishing' school I worked in super top boys school in the south of Blighty  and there I was trained in all ways catering. However over the past few years ( mainly when married to Former Lord Lainey, who lived on takeaways) I do not cook too much apart from the cricket teas and 'banging' things in the slow cooker.

So I came home and made rhubarb and blackberry Danish pasties. OMG they were gorgeous and I think that I will be making those again. Also made super sticky chicken and egg fried rice for dinner (see pic below)

Whilst I was doing all this and clearing out the freezer ( trying to squeeze 'work boys' fat fighter meals in), and preparing super lunch and dinner, I was listening to the ODI  'on't wireless' . well England were bowled out for 155, with super Tyke Joe Root being the top scoring on 39. India responded well and won in 28.1 overs.The penultimate match is a day/nighter on Wednesday. Lets hope that they are a bit more 'together' by then.My question is,why are they not consistent ( yea I know they have lost consistently this ODI series.) sometimes they don't seem to play like a 'team' and as I often say there is no room for 'divas' and 'show ponies' in the game..........talking about 'show ponies' I wonder what the Warne/Hurleys are up too?????

Football was on!!!!!

Birmingham drew 2-2 with Brighton ( 5 yellow cards, none Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo, phewww!!!)

The Mighty Whites won 1-0 against Bristol City

The Blades  drew 1-1 against Notts County

So I am proud of all 'teams' who went out and braved the elements ( just like I Lady Lainey).

Today it is still snowing intermittently and I am going to have a walk out in it, mainly because Mr Funky the Chauffeur has gone to work and I do not want to stay in the house all day. So I am ramming the earphones of my MP3 player into my ears as I speak and having a walk to the strains of 'Raspberry beret' by Prince.

Until tomorrow!!!!


Woohooo!!!! Eat your heart out Nigella!!!!



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Danish pastries look great. Just wanted to pass on some headlines from Ouest France translated to english of course:Its snowing in large flakes of Shortbread! In Saint-Nazaire, jellies lasted until noon the roads were very slippery! Maintaining vigilance especially for soil monitoring (are they checking for poops?)Lastly, more seriously Snow and ice. The Vendee is again on orange alert.