Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cricket Season Ahoy!!!!











Well it is now less than 61 days until the start of the cricket season here in Blighty and I am so super bouncy excited I can hardly contain myself. In fact I have already flipped my tiara twice this morning!. I am hoping that in 61 days my orange curls will have recovered from 'Sweeney Todd of Coniscliffe Road' and that I will be my usual chi-chi Lady Lainey.

The only thing that worries me about this season is that His Royal Ryanness suffers injuries like last season and that he decides to .............(big gulp!).....................RETIRE!!!! :'-(. OK I have said it and I am dreading those words ever being  mentioned. However that is all in the future. I foresee a super great Tyke season for His Royal Ryanness and Gillespie the Gallant and look forward to seeing much of it.

I walked ( YES WALKED!) round to Mr Funky the Chauffeurs house last house, as I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks and when he had suggested going  out shopping at the weekend I had to decline as I was too poorly. And as the Duke of Adelaide said ' you know a lady is really ill when she can't go shopping!.
 I know that Mr Funky wanted to go to 'BORING' outdoor type shops, the kind that I, Lady Lainey would not be found dead in. I have no need for a waterproof trousers or a compass. I am able to negotiate my way around Harrods and Harvey Nicks perfectly well and without spillages ( OK maybe not in HN Fifth Floor/ Fourth floor depending on the city).

And talking about Mr Funky he is hopefully getting the big blue tank thing ( yes I knows about cars too!!) ready to hold its very precious load ( that would be I, Lady Lainey), and all spic and span ready for the start of  the cricket season. Hopefully cleaning out all the remnants of his long walks ( that would be golf!), hill walking ( that would be mountain climbing)  and all the other unsavoury things that he does when there is no cricket to watch!!!!

My other thoughts on the upcoming season are that having signed up for 5 years as a Durham member it may be that emigrating is the only way out. Look  out La Belle France here I come! Actually I am looking forward to seeing what kind of shambles former besty home county of Durham are in when we return to The Riverside ( Durham Emirates IDIOT or something like that).
Also I am hoping that the former'would like to be Lord Lainey' keeps a big fat ginger distance from moi or I may be called on to use some very unlady like language ( like go away you over inflated space hopper). Not something I do on a regular basis but best to let them know where they stand from the off.

Over in New Zealand I see that my predictions from last week and yesterday regarding Mr S Broad may appear to be coming true, he is apparently suffering from a lacerated fat pad in his heel.He is 'confident that he will be fit' but  once again I ask, why was he allowed to fly out to New Zealand if he wasn't fit in the first place.? I do feel that it is time that I our quill to paper and let the appropriate authorities hear my thoughts. #wontdoanygood!

James Harris has been brought in for the T20's to replace Stuart Meaker who has hardly poked his head out of the dressing room and already has a neck strain. #england=bunchofcrocks. So what is my answer? Bring back Athers and Co :-).

 And finally yesterday they decided that the body in the car park was Richard III, poor bloke, had someone blocked his chariot in? did he have a flat wheel? did he die of boredom whist waiting for 'Ye Olde RAC?'. Sadly for him it was none of these but a flipping bang on the noggin!. poor old Dick, he was not a lucky man, however now hopefully he can RIP instead of NCP!!!!.
 

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the programme about Richard III. I thought you were presenting it. Gosh that guy really did have a "bad hair day". After seeing him, I hope that you can relax knowing that your hair is not that bad!!!
DD

Anonymous said...

being ginger lainey always has a bad hair day