Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 February 2013

Lady Lainey Chills out



Its Sunday and its 7.41am UK time, the Coq au Vin is in the slow cooker and I am about to venture forth to the local settlement of Sir Neville Parade to collect my newspaper. Then I am going to lounge around Tykes Towers and do very little indeed! I am hoping that when the chicken is ready I will feel like eating some of it, but if not there are always cornflakes! #wanttogetbacktoeatingnormally.

'So' I hear you asking what the pollywollydoodle has been going on in the sports world

Well my pretties I have super fab news from Bramall Lane


The Blades beat Colchester 3-0, Barry Robson scored his first goal for the Blades however it came after he was fouled! No more goals came until well into the second half when Kevin McDonald scored in the 73rd minute, before Kitson put away the third. It looks to have been a rough game a there were yellow cards for both sides. " for The Blades and 3 for Colchester. #playfairorplaylikeRtHonHooliganRobbo

And talking about Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo, he had an outing down the M40 and over to Watford his former team. Obviously this  was not a great day, he got a yellow card!!! and Birmingham lost 4-0!! They were described as giving a lacklustre performance ( the scores says it was more that lacklustre). They are a depleted and injury prone side and for flips sake Hooligan was only meant to be there on a months loan in September, and its now February. However  must pull there socks up and move onto their next game with a new plan. ( I think that I have missed my vocation I should have been a motivational speaker!!...........NOT)


So over in New Zealand the first ODI is under way, it started at 1.00am UK time but I Lady Lady was having my zzzzzz's then and no way was I getting up to listen to the commentators 'fawn' over Bell or listening to Boycott droning on about 'When 'r were a lad!'. So here is the low down. England made the sensible choice and put Joe Root in the team. Trott was the highest scoring on 68, with Bell coming in at 64 and Joe at 56.England were all out for 258. New Zealand are currently  153 for 4. It could go any way.

Also on the cricket front Former besty home county of Durham posted their 2ndXI fixtures late last week and pleased to see that they are using cricket clubs in Yorkshire/Cleveland for some of their matches!!!!! Because there are no other cricket clubs in Co Durham apart from Hartlepool ( they hang monkeys you know!) , Brandon and Darlington!!!! Oh lord I can feel a huge rant coming on!!! sooooo  deep breath.........Coincidence that the 'Yorkside clubs are close to where Geoff Cook is from. However pleased to see that they have not included other grounds in Yorkshire this year, Stokesley ( birthplace of I Lady Lainey) and Marton. They are playing at Darlington which means that I can have a wander down in my lunch hour and also after a hard day of looking pretty.

Countess Christine of McNally is popping round this morning and she delivered the sad news that the 2 royal hounds Bella and Benji ( the french kissing border collie) will be moving into a house with Little Lord Jonny as he flies the nest ( for the 2nd and last time she blinking well hopes). 'Will you miss him' I asked her ' Oh god yes' she replied ' And I will miss Bella too'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments :