Powered By Blogger

Monday 4 February 2013

Lady Lainey down but not out!












Well it's Monday morning and to be honest I am not much feeling better  and the  thought of venturing to the freezing depths of super swanky Lady Lainey office are filling me with huge dread. I know it will be flipping freezing and I know that I should not really be going to work. However needs must and I am going.


So Andrew Flintoff ( someone up there with KP ) has decided to climb down from the boxing ring after one fight.He has decided to hang up his gloves, after injuring his shoulder in the fight and having to undergo surgery. He is apparently just got his arm out of the sling. This all smacks to me a little bit like his cricket career, which granted was slightly longer but injury prone!.

In IPL surprisingly Matt Prior and Ravi  Bopara have failed to attract bid in the auction for this years IPL league. Selectors take note in the crazy world of cricket in India, maybe they are sending out a message!.It looks as if the Australians and the South Africans were bringing in high prices . Former Hampshire and Australian all rounder Glenn Maxwell fetched $1 million  from Mumbai Indians, and then was out for a 'golden duck ' in the Australia match against West Indies!, however he did manage four wickets!.

England ladies kick started their world cup campaign by beating India. There is a bit of 'bad mouthing' going on over there and it looks as if it worked in the reverse for India. Well played England.

Michael Di Venuto  former player with former besty home county of Durham has been given the role of batting coach for Australia. He has been coaching  the Tasmanian Tigers but has now taken up the aforementioned role full time. Wish Durham had had the foresight to offer him a role at The Riverside.

Over in New Zealand Stuart Broad and Luke Wright are trying to prove their fitness, not looking good when the pictures show Broad with a bandage round his knee!. On top of this I once again ask the question, shouldn't their fitness have been OK'd BEFORE they were flown out there!!!! 'crockedsoon!

Dame Helen Mirren and I have something in common, 'WHAT' I hear you all cry, well neither of us has children and I personally am sick and fed up of being asked the question and then looked at strangely when I answer that I don't. Dame Helen however came up with the best answer as she told how it was usually 'boring old men' who asked this question of her. they usually answered back ' well you had better get on with it girl!'. The Dame said she used to retort ' No flipping go away' ( well it was a bit stronger than that), I am totally behind her on this one.

And with that I am going to flipping well go away and freeze my wotnots off.

Bon Journee.






No comments :