Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 February 2013

It's Tuesday and its freezing




Well jolly good morning from Blighty. Today is the day that the first delivery for 'Hortensi Bleu' is made. The gift bundle will be delivered to Little Lord Jonny and Little M'aam Amanda, the son (and possible daughter in law) of Countess Christine of McNally and Tim'll Fix it ( and he does). I was very busy cellophaning the bundle of home themed goodies last night as well as preparing the next gift on the list which is for M'Lady Margaret's birthday. OMG I am busy, as a busy busy thing. But busy is good isn't it?

So what else has been happening in the world.

The young Australian team seem to be picking up speed as debutant Moises Henriques, hit an unbeaten 75 as Australia closed 40 runs ahead of India in the first Test. The tourists were not in a good place and looked as if they may lose by an innings. However the young Henriques pulled it back to bring them back into the competition. Good on you all and lets see you give ALL teams a run for their money this season!

Today also sees the inquest into the death of Tom Maynard last summer England bowler Jade Dernbach is expected to give evidence regarding the last hours of Toms life. Surrey's Gareth Batty said that it had been like a cloud hanging over, and that for a lot of people was final bit of closure. Thoughts are with all the family and friends today.


The England boys have been having a bit of 'down time' over in New Zealand and have Finn, Broad, Bairstow and Prior were all photographed doing a bungee style jump form the 'worlds' highest cliff 'Canyon Swing. My thoughts............well considering that 2 of them have been injured most of the winter i cannot believe that they did this, but hey they have to prove that they are good at something.


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Well today is flipping freezing cold and there is some wind, but there is little chance of rain, which is good as that means that I will not end up with a wild orange afro by lunchtime.
I am risking wearing a skirt for work today as I am sick of boots and trousers however I may put the trousers in my bag as it is blinking brass monkey weather in super swanky Lady Lainey office until about 2pm!


And finally last night I had a long chat with super besty cricket coach in the whole world Harry Latchman. he had been out coaching a young man from Essex who he is tipping to be the next big thing. I will not mention any names but I am sure that over the season you will see his name appearing in this blog.
So Harry and the lovely Blossom are just back from UAE and settling into the cold of the UK. I  however am getting my map out so that I can get in the Lady Lainey Limo and go to visit them very soon. ( Oh dear I hope H doesn't mutter those immortal lines.........'You bring the diet coke and I will provide the rum' I feel the headache coming on already)
Have a super Tuesday









No comments :