Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 February 2013

Who stole the weekend?

What I did yesterday



I am totally flabbergasted, I cannot believe that it is Monday! Again! and worse than that I have to go Super swanky Lady Lainey office. Now complete with banging headache again!. However I am going back to see the 'daktari' (Swahili for Doctor. I am multi flipping lingual) so hopefully blood test etc may shed some light on the mystery illness which has blighted my life for the last week.

On a lighter note, Lady laineyville has no snow, when reports are flooding in of huge amounts all over the country, most especially in the South. ( Looks like a day off for everyone down there!). Here in the North East of Blighty it is flipping freezing, and wet. The birds are in full voice and the sun is starting to come up.

The picture shows the results of me being super industrious yesterday and pickling chilis, as well as making lime pickle. They are all put away to 'mature' now and will be getting eaten in the near future.

In the Woman's world cup Australia are already into the final,with England keeping there hopes of  a World Cup victory alive with a win over South Africa.

The men are getting ready for another  T20 match tomorrow in New Zealand. They are playing at Seddon Park which is a smaller international venue. Luke Wright is hoping to get his chance to thump a few sixes around this ground too.

Here in Blighy we are 54 days away from the start of the season and for I Lady Lainey it is only 10 weeks until I get to see Besty home county of Yorkshire take on the former besty county of Durham. I am so super excited about this that I have taken 2 days off work to go and watch. Woooohoooo. And I predict that Ryan will be unable to play! Booohooo.

If you have a spare 2.6 million 'squid' you can purchase the remote Scottish Island of Tanera Mor which is  supposed to be the inspiration behind the film ' The Wicker Man' ( staring Lady Lainey's top actor ever Christopher Lee). There has been no luck trying to get people to move there and the two current owners have decided to sell it. It looks stunning but I bet its flipping freezing now!

And finally a tiny house in Bridgwater in Somerset has gone on the market for £75,000. It was made by converting a garage and has a courtyard to the rear of the property, it  is really a 'one up one down' however it looks bigger than some of the 2 bedroom flats I used to manage when I lived in the South of Blighty!!!!!!!!!!!


Well I am off to the doctors and then onto Lady Lainey office so I hope that my headache goes away and that you all have a good day.



No comments :