Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday










So today is Good Friday and part of the long weekend holidays for Easter here in the UK. Or as it is known in France La Paques. ( Dame Didi do you remember le lapin du paques.......il est mort! zut alors, ). It will soon be Easter Sunday and we can scoff our Easter Eggs............however we should remember the true meaning of Easter.

So what else has been happening, well I went  off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and prepared to 'jolly' up the 'boys' only to find that Pony Paul was still not eating (Manorexia!) now nearly 4 days and not looking great, then he was moaning about the heaters in my office ( Manopause!), then start coughing (Man Flu!!!). Well looks like Mrs Pony Paul is in for a fun weekend!!! ( Man overboard!!!!)

Flipping heck I have done so much work in Tykes Towers that I think I need a week off work to recover! I have preparing for the imminent arrival of Countess Culshaw and Sir Samuel.

I text Mr funky the chauffeur to ask if he would take me to 'Meet the Players' evening at The Riverside on Wednesday. I know I didn't wake him up as he is on 'afternoons', so I must have interrupted his breakfast.....................judging by the texts that followed

Mr Funky  Why the flipping heck* do you want to go and meet those flowery hats?* you will see them nearly every week for the rest of the bally* summer

Lady Lainey  Wow!! thats a tad strong language there Mr funky, my ears are fair ringing!!

Mr Funky   Oh for Donald Duck's* sake why on earth do you want to go and meet that shower of has beens

Lady Lainey   I was only joking!!!!

*alternative wording to protect readers

Now if it had been 'Meet the Tykey Vikings,' I would have gone without Mr Funky ( he would have only cramped my style).

And talking about my Vikings, they have been playing host to the Minnosota Vikings and giving them a masterclass in how to play cricket ( methinks they ought to get onto the A1 and drive in a hasty manner northwards to Junction and show former besty home county of Durham how to do it)

After yesterdays terrible news about Jesse Ryder in New Zealand it appears that he was attacked twice in quick succession and is now in a medically induced coma. He also suffered a collapsed lung in the attack on Thursday. he was due to fly out to Delhi to join the IPL.  We all wish him a speedy recovery #stillinshock!


Read on the BBC website that Lancashire have resigned Prince. Well let me tell you I didn't remember seeing His Royal Purpleness playing last year. I would have surely have remembered him going out to bat to the strains of '1999'. However on further reading all became clear they have not resigned PRINCE but South African batsman Ashwell Prince. Oh well not quite as entertaining to watch but good luck to him.

Just a reminder that if you log onto http://www.cornishcricketfestival.co.uk/, you can find out all the news on first class cricket in Cornwall in June this year. Ticket information and much more. And they are also on Twitter, stop reading this and get on to the website!!!

And so my readers where ever you may be, Frohe Ostern  (Germany).Felices Pascuas (Spain), Pask Seder ( Breton),  Pask Lowen ( Cornish),Häid lihavõttepühi (estonian).

So from I, Lady Lainey have a great day whatever you are doing and where ever you are in the world.


No comments :