Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 March 2013

I hate Mondays













Yep after being awake before the crack of dawn for the last two mornings  today, Monday, the start of the working week, I was in serious fear of over sleeping!!! I am so tired and I HATE Mondays. And worse than having to get up and got to super swanky freezing Lady Lainey office with my  posse 'Jo Bling and the crew of 2' ( draughtsman formerly known as Job the Jolly, Pony Paul and Dan Dan cowboy draughtsman).

 So how could it be worse. Well my super Yorkshire Norseman, my Tyky Vikings lost in the T20 semis to Nottinghamshire ( well at least they stuffed Hants). New boy Liam Plunkett had a bat and took a wicket too.
However its not the winning but the taking part ( and they were taking part so they should have won!!). So boys the countdown is on now until I get to see you.

Over in NZ England were not having a good day either. After the English press were full of victory tales on Friday, rain stopped 2 days play and resulted in a draw. So onward to the next test!

Ireland were fairing better than Scotland in the Intercontinental Cup in Sharjah. William Porterfield hit an unbeaten century as their match against UAE ended in a draw. Great to see them doing well. Also great news that World cup qualifying matches will take place at Stormont  against Ireland and Scotlandon 6-8 September. This is for the 2015 World Cup.


In F1 yesterday Baron Button did not even get close to the podium, coming in 9th ( what the Donald Duck???). At Least LH didn't make the podium either!.  Top 3 were Raikkonen, Alonso and Vettel. On to the next venue. Malaysia next weekend!. #COYJ!

Well I managed to flog some of my treasure on eBay over the weekend and have another lot waiting to see if anyone is interested in them and at 6.30am this morning it was looking good.

So now I am off to don as many layers as I can before setting off to Lady Lainey office.


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

The snow that came down yesterday afternoon and evening has cleared so that should make the drive to work not too bad, but it is freezing cold, wet and very dark!
So  thermals, 20 layers of clothing and a blanket are the order of the day.


Until tomorrow

No comments :