Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 March 2013

Its F(ryan)day even in Barbados





Hurrah it is F(ryan)day and it is the last day of the working week in super swanky Lady Lainey office. I am super tired from marathon DVD viewing. I have watched all the second series of Game of Thrones and am now about to start the 3 rd book in readiness for the start of the third series at the beginning of April.

Mr Funky the chauffeur and I also went out running last night, not a good idea as there was black ice and 'white' ice everywhere. Luckily I, Lady Lainey did not end up my my posterior.

Lets see what has been happening in the Cccrrazzzy world of cricket.

Well in Barbados the boys are not only topping up their tans but also in preparation for the match tomorrow against former besty home county in the south ( until they beat my Tykes in the T20 final last season) Hampshire. I know that the Tykes will do everything in their power to win this match and as you know I have great faith in them

The result from their 'inter' team game was a draw. However it was all about getting the 'boys' used to the sunshine I think because here in Blighty we haven't been having a lot of it. In fact I think my vitamin D levels are dropping dramatically!.


However in NZ England finished on 465 with Joe Root only managing 10, not to worry as Broad was on 6 so it was no shame for Joe. England then went onto a bowling attack  with NZ losing their opening batsmen for 24 runs. Close of play NZ 66-3. So on to day 3.

More alarmingly  I received my council tax bill on Wednesday and nearly fainted at the amount. Now we no longer provide Police protection for a Prime Minister I thought that we may have a 'freeze' but NO!!!!! now DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL ( yes name and shame them) are giving DURHAM COUNTY CRICKET CLUB £2.8 million . Now as I have probably given Durham CCC that over the past 21 years in wine bills alone, I am a tad cheesed off. Especially as I have raked up a jolly huge amount to be a member for the next 5 years! They say it will be paid back into the economy over and over again now that Durham hold international fixtures. DING DONG!!!! they have been holding international fixtures since 2003. Where has that money gone ( ' I know!!'). This money is probably Geoff Cooks bonus for doing nothing but sitting on the balcony and grinning inanely!!#notahappylady
I am putting quill to paper as we speak.

Ben Stokes has also been omitted from the Durham pre season training squad after being sent home from the Lions tour. Well this year they are only going to Loughborough, no Dubai this year but with £2.8 million next year pre Season world tour I think! ( you know that I am not going to let this go!).

Well  today my super 'new' bike arrives I am flipping excited about it and think that Mr Funky the chauffeur will have to check the tyres and all the other things that boys do when Lady's get new wheels. Woohoo there will be no stopping me now, this week Le Lady Laineyville, next Le Tour de Aycliffe


And I don't know why I am rushing to get this published because Dame Didi got a new bed yesterday and I doubt that she is out of it yet!


On a lighter note Job the Jolly was renamed yesterday when a lady called to speak to him asking for  Mr Jo Bling !!!!! Like he is ever going to live that down!!!

Until tomorrow


No comments :