Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 March 2013

It's starting to get on my nerves now!!!!!



Oh yes I wish that I could stay tucked up in bed like Pink Hippo and VB but sadly I have to bravely venture on out into the snow, yes there was more last night. That and the fact that the wind chill is making it feel like -25 out side ( OK -3 but that's still freezing), make for a not so happy day in super swanky office with Jo Bling and the crew of 2.

My Tykes are en route and may even be back in Blighty now and flipping heck what a shock they will get after they have been building up a sweat on the sunny island of Barbados. For me though this is the sign that the cricket season is getting closer, the boys are home and preparing for the season.


Well who would have 'Adam and Eve'd it' this time yesterday England were in for a series defeat. but with the heroic batting of Matt Prior they managed to pull of a draw. He managed a stunning batting innings of 110 and even Monty Panesar helped out. it is only the fourth time that the team have gone into the final day of a match four wickets down and avoided defeat.All this and not a whiff of KP??? Excellent.. Well done to the England boys.

David Smith the Northants chief has expressed concern that the cold weather could harm the coming season. Hun have you never been to the North East? Last year at this time we were basking in fantastic temperature, Dame Didi and I were packing our bikinis and T shirts for France and then at the beginning of April it snowed. And we had to repack our cases and travel over the M62 in snow storms and freezing temperatures to get to Manchester airport. Stop being a southern softy and get your flipping thermals out.

The poor Australians are not having a great time. They have now been completely trounced by the Indians. However I know that the lessons that they have learnt here will be put to good use. Unlike England who will now be basking in the fact that Matt Prior pulled them out of the poo.

Former England captain Andrew Strauss and Sky have confirmed that they are in talks to get him on board with all the other 'has beens' to do a bit of commentating over the Ashes series. For the love of God another person to listen to droning on about his amazing career. I like the man, don't get me wrong but I feel that Sky commentary team is another name for 'Old braggers club'!!!



I was reading last week about the engagement ring that Napoleon gave to Josephine and that it was going up for auction expecting to bring £13,000. I was stunned that something so beautiful and also with such historic provenance should be valued so low. ( maybe it was a typo). However today I have seen that it sold for £660,000. WOW that's more like it a  stunning ring too.


No comments :