Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Another cricket week begins







So it is Wednesday and another cricket week begins, I will be sitting in super swanky Lady Lainey office shouting at the boys and trying to look pretty whilst watching the Twitter feed update, but hey is it not correct that the BBC are going to be covering the cricket on't wireless????    Quick glance at the local radio listings to see whether this is happening. YEAHHH!!! Oui c'est vrai!!!  Both a North East and a Yorkshire BBC radio station are going to be covering the matches. OMG it will be like I am there . Now I am getting really excited.


'Jo Bling ( aka Job the Jolly) is totally 'au fait' with   listening to the cricket but Pony Paul is moaning constantly ( and we haven't even tuned in't wireless). Well to be honest if you don't like cricket it could be torture, but that is nothing to the torture that we have to endure when Pony Paul starts singing all the wrong words to songs. This is known as a 'mondegreen' but in our office it is known as Pony Paul singing a total load of b*****ks!!!


I am up and dressed and ready for the day, (6.20am UK time) and the birds are singing their hearts out, it is obviously 'birdy' for COYT!!!


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH
Well as I awoke this morning to the strains of 'The Boys are back in town' I was waiting for the weather forecast. It will be cold but dry today, but joy of joys, the weatherman said that next week will see the end of the cold spell with temperatures soaring to 20c. Whoopdi flipping do, get the fake tan out girls and then expose those legs Actually only if you live in the south of blighty!
Here in the North East it is probably going to stay cold and freezing, so best to not store the thermals away just yet.

After 'slug wars' last year here at the The Towers, It was suggested to me that I needed to block up a hole under the back door and 'the boys' at work suggested using expanding foam. Well who in their right mind would let me loose with a tin of that stuff. 'Jo Bling' ( aka job the Jolly) said 'you can't go wrong'. Well this was me that he was talking to. However a kind Rep came into the office and left us with a roll of expandable foam tape,( construction issue and used on many building) which seemed like a better choice for I,Lady Lainey to use. and I did. Hope that this will stop the slimy little blighters from leaving a trail across the boot room floor. Only time will tell. I will still leave the salt trail outside to deter them from attempting the 'climb' into my house.

I 'Tweeted' the Wensleydale creamery to let them know that I had given them a huge plug in 'Tales from the boundary' and they responded with a big 'Thank You'. However I sat by the drawbridge at Tykes Towers nearly all evening waiting for a bundle of cheese being delivered................disappointed again! Between Sean Bean, Wensleydale Creamery, His Royal Ryanness and Gillespie the Gallant, these 'Yorkies' are letting me down very badly. But I loves them all the same!

No comments :