Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 April 2013

First F(ryan)day of the season and 'knickergate'continues





Lady Lainey doing her impersonation of Ryan, look closely and spot purple underwear



Yippety skip, not only is it F(ryan)day it is cricket too, how flipping marvellous is that? And even more flipping marvellouser(!!) is the fact that Gillespie the Gallant was truly gallant yesterday and 'retweeted' my blog which made me bally well grin from ear to ear. I know the image of 'the purple undies' will remain with me for a long time. I am wondering if Yorkshire will continue to put this in pics, a kind of 'Where's Wally'...................phewwww good job I typed that correctly!!! #justathought.


At 11.25am yesterday in Lady Laineyworkville it snowed ( I know that I had already said that I thought it would but I had been joking!). Luckily it did not hang around for long but it is still flipping freezing and I am sure that I may become an icicle on Saturday and Sunday. So I think that extra flasks of caffeine will be the order of the day and maybe a bottle of brandy!!!

So yesterday Twitter was full of Tweets from cricket fans ( including I, Lady Lainey) and everyone seems a excited as I am about the new season especially the new cricket wear by his Royal Ryanness. When I showed the 'boys' the picture from the Yorkshire CCC website Pony Paul said ' only you would have spotted a man in his undies!' Now I really don't know how to take this because:-

  1. They were very plain to see
  2. It sounds as if I look at men's bottoms a lot ( OK I may photograph cricketers posteriors!)
  3. I sound like some kind of  weirdo!
Now as we head full on into the first day of cricket I am bouncing with excitement and hope that it will be a super smashing summer so that I get a decent suntan and some decent photographs cricket action.


Also a date for your diaries, as part of the 150th birthday celebrations of Yorkshire CCC there is a service of Thanksgiving on 14th June at York Minster.


Other crickety news The ICC are bringing in the 'no ball' rule from April 30th. Good luck Finny!!!


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Cold wet and windy, what is left to say apart from it's just not cricket!!!!!

Good luck to all teams braving the elements today!! But more good luck to Yorkshire 

His Royal Ryanness doing his best Lady Lainey impersonation ( he obviously know me  too well,as he is eating!!!)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Just found out what knickergate is all about! DD