Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Happy St George's Day






Happy St George's Day to one and all and a time to celebrate being British and all things British.( even though St George was actually Greek). It's a time to celebrate Yorkshire pudding ( very British), The Queen ( icon of Britishness!),wearing socks and sandals at the beach ( hideously British) and about time that this was made into a public holiday! ( great British idea)

So I am wearing red and white today a I set off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and  feeling very patriotic. I will entertain the boys at lunch time with a rousing rendition of 'Land of Hope and glory'  and then quiz them on all things 'British'. Now that should be entertaining.

On this wonderful day I have sad news to report  Azeem Rafiq the Yorkshire spin bowler has been ruled out for  six weeks with a knee injury. Get well soon Azeem the squad will miss you.

Also the Shane Watson resignation in Australia rumbles on as it is now alleged that he resigned to avoid being sacked. come on Oz get your act together, get your team in order, and get ready to give our boys the matches of their lives......PLEASE!!

I am going to have dinner with M'Lady Margaret tonight and then coming home to get ready for the best 3 days of the year. I have been checking the weather which does not look too promising but as I have already said, nothing is going to blight these few days ( except if his Royal Ryanness isn't there).


Tonight 'The Blades' are in action against Crewe. They have to win!!!


Over in La Belle France Dame Didi has been busy preparing Chateau Didi premier in readiness for my arrival in September. New shed erected ( to hold all my luggage?) and terrace all cleaned ready for me to do a spot of sunbathing. all she needs to do now is restock the cellar and jobs a good un.

So without further ado, I am making haste to the office to get the last day of work out of the way and then 3 days of FREEDOM!!!! I am a little bit excited incase you can't tell!.


No comments :