Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 April 2013

More cheese Gromit








Woohooo well last week it was announced that the Wensleydale Creamery were teaming up with Yorkshire CCC, and giving them some pennies in sponsorship. now I Lady Lainey think that maybe the Wensleydale Creamery could sponsor my blog by giving me bucket loads of cheese. I like Wensleydale au natural as well as with ginger ( hahaha how flipping ironic is that). So come on boys and drop off some cheesey goodies at Tykes Towers and I will give you superb write ups.

The Wensleydale creamery was established in the 12th century and now thanks to Wallace and Gromit ( and Yorkshire CCC) everyone knows about the most amazing cheese in the world. When I Lady Lainey lived in London  I was unable to partake of my favourite cheese ( or pease pudding or pickled cabbage) but I imagine that now it would be easy to buy in anywhere  (However not in France and when I move back home for good I am not sure what I will do!!!).

If you love this cheese, head on up to Hawes ( except on Sundays when it is chock full of hairy bikers eating ice cream and reving their engines) and have a wander around the creamery. A 'Grand day out'.

Also gutted that the 'class of 2013 picture ( yes the 'knickergate' pic) is now not so prominent on the Yorkshire CCC website. I have to say that made a really rubbish week into an excellent one. It's not everyday a Lady get to see his Royal Rynanness in his 'smalls' well I suppose Mrs Royal Ryanness does and  she gets the added honour of washing them too.

Knickers aside, this week sees the cricket taking off in earnest. Durham are at The Riverside  playing Somerset, whilst The Tykes are hosting Sussex at Headingley. I may very well be taking an extra day off at the end of the month to see my Tykes at Durham, as Mr Funky the chauffeur had dropped the ultimate bombshell tht we may not be able to go to the Scarborough Festival as he is going away to play GOLF...............GOLF!!!!!.................GOLF!!!!!. First flipping football and now godforsaken golf!!!! Apart from the fact that I am now in a huff with him, I think that I will have an extra day off and have peace and quiet whilst watching my beloved Yorkshire.( and may actually drive myself to Scarbella in August for the Festival, be more fun on my own!!)


Sad news that Matthew Maynard has decided to take time out of cricket. Totally understandable and I wish him all the best in what ever he does.

And finally, Baroness Thatcher passed away peacefully yesterday after a few years of ill health. Love her or hate her, Margaret Thatcher was an amazing woman who had more strength of character than any of the weak wristed politicians of today.
The daughter of a Grantham grocer she married Denis Thatcher an English business man in 1952. Denis was an MBE which he was awarded in 1945 after being mentioned in dispatches. He later became the most recent person to receive an hereditary title outside of the Royal Family.
Baroness Thatcher had two children Mark and Carole as well as two grandchildren
Our thoughts are with her family at this time. RIP Margaret.


Baroness Thatcher  1925-2013

No comments :