Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Only Tuesday???



So this is pretty much what I resemble this morning ( minus the beard!), I slept OK but could do with another eight hours. When I woke up this morning I had convinced myself that it was Saturday and then I realised that if it was I would be over at Château Saltburn as I had arranged with Dame Didi last night to go to her village at the weekend.

Well I suppose that 'Jo Bling and the crew of one ( Dan Dan cowboy draughtsman won't be in ) won't notice if I have a little nap in my office.  Jo Bling will be mulling over Sunderland getting completely 'stuffed' by Aston Villa last night and Pony Paul will just be getting on with his work.

So lets have a little look around the cricket.

Yorkshire were home to Derbyshire who went into bat. Chesney Hughes hit a magnificent 171 which considering what people had been saying on Twitter about him opening the batting, made a lot of people eat their words. OK this was 171 runs against my boys but it was a great knock and should be applauded. Derbys closed at 302-4.
Today the boys have to go in for the 'kill' and I Lady Lainey will be a happy bunny.

Which will be exactly what Joe Root would have been yesterday as he was named as England Lions Captain  Well deserved Joe.

Former besty home team of Durham were  in action at Trent Bridge, Nottinghamshire went into bat. They were all out for 320. Durham were  34-1 overnight.

Want to  settle down to some excellent cricket reading? ( apart from here in 'Tales from the Boundary) then check out http://www.alloutcricket.com/.
You will get all the info on ALL the teams as I am sometimes a little biased here in my blog ( MOI!!! BIASED!!!!! NON!!!!).
And they retweeted my super  cricket picture of Lumley castle in the background and Ryan in the foreground!!
Now that was a good way to start the week.

NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Flipping heck it is a beautiful morning here in Ladylaineyville and the sun is shining. I have washing on the line and it appears to be a perfect cricket day.

Shame that I have to go to super swanky Lady Lainey office, shout at boys, drink gallons of coffee, have a nap and look pretty.......its a hard life!!!!

No comments :