Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 April 2013

Touch wood..I feel OK!




Well I am up, nearly dressed ( well I have had a shower) and I do not feel too bad. By yesterday afternoon  I lost count of how many hours sleep I  had, but I had begun to rally round and by 'real' bedtime I felt much better. I am assuming that I have been 'lucky' enough to contract whatever Pony Paul has been dragging into the office this week! #ifyouareillstayathome

So I will be getting picked up by Mr Funky the chauffeur to whisk me off to Headingley...............well no actually  he taken me to Enormous Dinosaurs Idiots Cricket Ground ( The Riverside) to see Durham play. It is the last day and I think that we will be home before tea, but it will be nice to be back at cricket, and made nicer by the fact that former 'Would like to be Lord Lainey' is not going this season..........because of me.........'doesn't want to go where I am' WTF get over yourself!!! If I had known this would happen I would have done it years ago. No more having to look at his red face, ripening even more in the sun.

So lets see what was happening at Yorkshire. Well what a day the bowlers had. his Royal Ryanness took 3 wickets as did Brooks and Patterson. Yorkshire made 192 without loss in their second innings and as we go into the final day it looks interesting. Wish I was going to be there cheering you all on.

Durham were in a commanding position going into the last day and Ben Stokes was playing well. Geoff Cook had said that after Stokes was sent home from the Lions tour, he 'can learn from the disciplinary issue'. Well I don't think it should be a 'can' but a 'has'. however Stokes was left out of any England team and will find it hard to make his way back. There seems to have been problem at Durham players over the years and if it is highlighted it may help up and coming players. Too much too young comes to mind.


Over in the footy as the season draws to a close

Birmingham drew 1-1 at Millwall

Leeds lost to Charlton

And the Blades drew 1-1 with Walsall. ( they are still in 5th place in the table and need to get a wriggle on )


Well off to twirl my orange curls and wait for the chauffeur. he had better not be late.



No comments :