Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Oh no it's Monday.............hang on a minute











Yipppee it's Tuesday and only a 4 day week at super swanky Lady Lainey office!! And it's only me ( well Dan Dan cowboy draughtsman is in his office so it's only me really). Job the Jolly is off to Bristol and Staines and Pony Paul is on his jollies this week, so I can shout at myself, look super pretty but will have to make my own coffee!! now that's not so good.
So I will be having a busy day 'reshuffling' my cricket wall, sorting out my 'in' tray and probably doing some skiving  archiving.

Yesterday Mr Funky the chauffeur came to pick me up in the big blue tank thing and we then picked up Pauly Paul and went off to The Riverside to see Durham Dinosaurs take on Derbyshire. Apparently it took over an hour before I mentioned the 'R' word yes it was over an hour before I mentioned his Royal Ryanness..........is he falling from favour. No of course not, but there hasn't been much of the 'Purple Pants' about lately so we had a jolly long discussion about the merits of fellow Tyke Joe Root.

Durham made a good start and scored  273-6 in their innings. As they came off for tea, it started to rain on us, now by us I am not meaning everyone. The sun was shining and their wasn't a cloud in the sky but Pauly Mr Funky and I, Lady Lainey were getting a right old flipping soaking. We began to think that someone was behind our stand pointing a hose pipe at us.Well as I was in danger of turning into a very horrid imitation of a 70's footballer I puts me brolly up.

After tea they came out to play (still raining on us), Derbyshire put on  70 runs ( still raining on us) and then it started to rain on THEM, so they all came off. After the umpires had another cup of tea and slice of cake they went out to have a chat with the groundsmen and then went back for a few more butties ( still raining on us) we waited for half an hour then Mr Funky said best to head off home. The match did not resume and Durham won via the D/L scale.

Over at the test after England did not force the follow on, they set the Kiwis an improbable target of  468 to win, but with heavy rain expected it looks as if the game will end in a draw.

Besty home county of Yorkshire were on the bus to Taunton yesterday for the start of their LV county match at noon today. #coyt.

Ireland are hoping to gain Test status which is being backed by the Pakistan captain, stating that it is down to the ICC but that Ireland a re a better team now. Well done Phil on getting them this far.

So on this grey and cloudy morning I am heading up the A1 to Lady Laineyworkville and hope that you all have a good day, or in Pauly Pauls case a good week ( on his jollies too!).




No comments :