Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 May 2013

Super Saturday?



Yippeeee it's Saturday and I can party like it's 1999.........................well after I have fought my way to the top of the mountain of washing, been and done the weekly shop for the office 'boys', Stocked up the fridge and freezer and checked out the price of new microwaves. Oh the glamorous life of I, Lady Lainey!  By the time I have done all of that I will only be fit for'partying' my way up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire!!!



So will the Yorkshire boys have been partying last night? well they should have been as they had worked hard all week against Somerset, however the match was drawn. In the eyes of I, Lady Lainey though my boys are winners. Compton was out for a duck ( he's good at those!) to the bowling of Jack Brooks as was Suppiah. Jack took 4 wickets in total in Somersets 2nd innings with Patterson picking up 2, after they were made to follow on. Rain affected the game  badly and a draw was always on the cards. However my Tykes showed what they are made of and are currently top of the Division One table. YEEEAAAHHH!!!!! Go Tykes!!

The Lions were in batting were captain Joe Root made an unbeaten 105 proving that he is a force to be reckoned with. Earlier the tourists lost 7 wickets for 74 runs and were bowled out for  285. Hey Joe could knock that score off himself! But I am sure that he will play fair and give the other a chance. England go in to today's session 219-2.


Good news on His Royal Ryanness, he will be fit for YB40 action today. Wooohooo go Ryan!.


Over in super swanky Lady Lainey office yesterday Pony Paul was not too keen on eating his lunch which is a worry as he can normally eat his body weight in 'McCoys'. After him whining about not be hungry, blah blah blah. I told him that I would force feed him if he didn't eat it. He continued to mutter under his breath and 'Jo Bling' told him that he should eat it as he knew I had a funnel in my drawer and would make him feel like a goose being prepared for Foie Gras!!! Not terribly PC in my office!!! But I don't have a problem with it as I am part French ( the part with the champagne and Gros Plant swilling around!!)

Finally I have to say that I love Harrods. Their customer service department is second to none and I would recommend them to anyone!


Well off to wash the kitchen floor................how more glamorous can it get?????????????


No comments :