Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 May 2013

Great day at the crease









What ever this hideous lurgy is that I have acquired it is
  1. Not nice
  2. Making me look and feel awful
  3. Not going away
I took to my bed early last evening, as after a day in super swanky Lady Lainey office with 3 very demanding boys ( yes Dan Dan Cowboy Draughtsman is back), I was totally worn out and just about managed a chapter of the 3rd Volume of the Game of Thrones book.before falling asleep only to wake up 20 minutes later thinking it was time to get up!

Things that made me feel slightly better yesterday, were, good boy of besty home county of Yorkshire Joe Root scoring a million runs ( OK so its a slight exaggeration, 236 ) against Derbyshire in reply to the Chesney Hughes show of the two previous days.
This was a career best for Joe who was partnered at the crease during the latter part of his knock by Jonny Bairstow who put on 186. OMG Yorkshire are really showing why they are back in the first division.. They stood on 597-5 overnight.

Dizzy should be truly proud of his team!

The stats were flying through on Twitter. I really flipping well think that everyone has been slightly shell shocked over the last 5 days by the amazing cricket that has been played. Double centuries have been flooding in since last Thursday and quality cricket is abounding.

So now lets see how former besty home county of Durham are fairing. Well they appear to be  OK with a lead of 151 thanks to Will Smiths  153.
I am noting that the lovely young man Jamie Harrison is STILL playing on the 2nd XI after Geoff Crook Cook said that he would be using him more in the first team. Geoff you will never get this team into any kind of shape if you continue to churn out with the usual suspects who although good are now getting past it, bring in  the young guns. Like Yorkshire have!!!


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Well after Dame Didi fed me duff information the other night meaning that I didn't hang my smalls on the line yesterday for fear of rain, and it was a glorious day. Today it is dull and overcast and I have a pile of washing the size of Kilimanjaro that needs drying.
The bank holiday weather appears to be good. Well that is until Friday when they forecast, snow, gales, hale and thunder.
 #lookingonthebrightside




No comments :