Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 June 2013

Heat wave is over???



So it's Saturday and it is a cricket day and it is cold and raining!!! Well what did I expect, sunshine?

I am trying to get organised as I have Miles the Landscaper arriving at Tykes Towers at 8.30am to measure and give me a quote to have super new high fence put up in the extensive grounds. am guessing that this is going to be the same as the cost of a couple of good tiaras, but at least it will stop nosey people trying to get a glimpse of I, Lady Lainey.

Then I have to go shopping for the lunches for the boys , then I have to prepare tea for Mr Funky, Pauly Paul and myself and then if I have time I will do another load of washing, and all this BEFORE I get my curls in order and toddle off to cricket.

Over at Headingley ( the centre of the cricket universe) Yorkshire were in action against Surrey. KP was back and  with a rear bowling stint and a dropped catch, the ego had landed. Yorkshire were batting and put on 292 runs for the loss of 5 wickets. Gale was 114 not out overnight! #coyt


No further news on Geoff Cook, here's hoping that he gets well very soon. 2nd X1 coach Jon Lewis has stepped up to take charge in Geoff's absence assisted by Alan Walker ( now that  I really must see) and the team have been in continued preparation for their match against Hampshire today ( rain permitting).

Had a quick chat with Comtess Raye of Eaastcote last night and we are hoping that if I get my act together tomorrow we will be able to 'skype' each other which will make it easier to show  all the bargains that we have nabbed at the charity shop. ( new full length mirror for me!)


And so it is a short one today and I am off to do all manner of worky type things before donning my thermals and wrapping up warm to head off to the Riverside Ground to see Durham probably get stuffed by  former besty county in the South.Hampshire.


And finally Sir Robert of Solihull is flying off to new life in Singapore and now takes on his new title of Viceroy. Good luck Rob and I will see you soon at the Raffles Hotel for Singapore Slings!!!

Have a super Saturday


No comments :