Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 June 2013

it's a grey day













Well here in the north of blighty it is a grey start to the day, and sadly over in Scarbella yesterday it was a wet day meaning that the start of the match for my Tykes was delayed ( and started and stopped and started). They had their luch early and obviously had a bit of Wensleydale as His Royal Ryanness took a wicket with his 5th ball taking out Alex hales. However Michael Lumb former Tyke came back to haunt them by putting on a ton taking Notts to 177-2 at close. Rain had affected the first day of play, heres hoping that today will be better for them.

England were out  to wind up the series against New Zealand, they did this with a win, Bell made good with 82, butit still doesn't alter my opinion of him #beenaroundKPtoolong.
Champions trophy action starts in earnest today  with India and South Africa kicking the whole thing off. Interesting to watch? well lets just wait and see.

New wife of cousin The Great Gibson ( Mrs Great Gibson) called last night and asked if I had any pics of the wedding, we had a long chat and about the day, although for me the events towards the end are a tad sketchy. She said that  they had a wonderful day and to be honest that is the main thing.


Last night I had a night off from Jack Bauer as he is taking over my life, I now even have series 6 in my sweaty mits and to be honest I can see how the weekend of no cricket is going to pan out,


On this day

6th June

1972 David Bowie release ' Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust'

1975 British voters decide to remain in the common market

1862 Robert Scott ill fated Arctic explorer was born

2005 Anne Bancroft dies ( she was Mrs Robinson too)


So without further ado, I is off in the limo to the super swanky Lady lainey office to shout at job the Jolly as Pony Paul is off to London .....................I wish I was


No comments :