Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 July 2013

Brollies Ahoy!!!!



Oh dear two things are very evident today, one is that I will need my flipping umbrella to stop the orange curls turning into a giant afro, and two, is that I don't think that my Tykey Vikings are going to make T20 Finals day today!!! Firstly it is raining but sadly it is not any cooler so although I may be having to dress for rain I am also having to dress for heat too, not an easy choice. And the my Tykes lost to Lancashire by 8 wickets! 'oh no' I cried last night ass i saw it come through on Twitter ( well it was something along those lines).

The Vikings made 124 but had a couple of run outs in their innings ( not very good planning) and then Lancashire only lost 2 wickets, taken by Adil Rafiq, and scored 127 to win.However it is all to play for in Division one.

Former besty home county of Durham are in action tonight but I Lady Lainey am not going as it is too much of a hurry after work and I have another important meeting scheduled so 'Bon Chance' to Durham.

After talking about the none selection of James Taylor after his debut last year, Quelle Surprise!!!! The selectors must have been reading my blog as it looks as if there is a chance that  he may be brought in for the 3rd test, if the 'Great Hope of England' does not pass his fitness test. Part of me want to see 'the little chap' have another crack at the England team. #timeforashakeup.


Further news on the 'shock news' from yesterday, ( well it was a flipping shock to me!) regarding Dimitri Mascarehnas's retirement. I suspected that he may go onto be a cricket pundit as he is often seen on IPL, giving his views, but the 35 year old has stated that he is moving into coaching. He is hoping to see Hampshire win a title or promotion this season before he hangs up his bat.


Last night at Tykes Towers I pottered around in the extensive grounds rearranging pots on my newly gravelled part of the gardens. I am still working on the layout of everything, but now that one part has been sorted it will make it a jolly sight easier when Mr Funky the chauffeur comes to mow the lawns, however the 'deer Park' is another matter all together!!!!!!!!!!!


And finally for this week, this will be my last mention of the Royal baby, who need some peace and quiet and time with his mummy and daddy. However yesterday evening the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced that his name is George Alexander Louis. How wonderful that they named their baby after my Daddy, his Royal Gorgeousness  George.

See you all tomorrow.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Wonder if they will call him gorgeous instead of George or even Gorgeous George as we referred to dad.

DD