Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Durham go through



Jolly flipping well done to former besty home team of Durham who have made it to the T20 quarter finals after Glamorgan and Gloucestershire slugged it out last night. Durham were waiting for the result of this match to see if they qualified. And they di,. Pauly Paul text me last night to let me know, I had fallen asleep when I got home ( because its a hard life looking pretty for 7 hours as well as filing nails and shouting at boys). Gloucestershire had a 9 wicket win.

Lets hope that Durham take to opportunity and use it, as they have not been bringing much silverware home of late.

And talking of all things Durham, they 'loaned' out Mitchell Claydon to Kent for a month back in early June. On Sunday we were talking about the fact that he is still not back, then low and behold news filters through that he is wanting to stay there longer. Now this is odd!! He was given a new contract by Durham at the end of last season!!! and now is happy playing down in Kent!!!He had not appeared in the 1st XI at Durham this season and was relegated to playing in the 2nd's so maybe he is enjoying 'big' cricket. I fear that  super polite boy Jamie Harrison could end up jumping ship too as he is never selected for the first team.

Jimmy Anderson is saying that England are not considering a 5-0 whitewash of the Australians. Now I think that this statement should be read as

' Well we are so flipping good that all we talk about is beating the flipping Aussies and we are going to trounce them'

Well I maybe wrong but ego's are getting fluffed up in the England team ready for the 3rd test, however let me say that I think that if they use Tremlett and Panesar in the squad his prediction may be true!.
And apparently KP is 'ready' for the 3rd test. Hmmmmmm well let me see what my crystal ball says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he will play the first innings then be crocked and sit on the balcony for the 2nd waiting to take all the adulation for the teams win, sounds about right.

Dame Didi is obviously having such fun in La belle France that she is forgetting that we have Skype! Every night I come home, log on and there is no response from her end. Loving the vino too much me thinks.

And so I must depart for the sunny climes of Lady laineyville, oh joy, I can hardly contain myself. The excitement is way too much for me..............so off I go.........





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL
Fancy being skyped tonight. Make it about 7 your time. Had lost the tablet to big boys and only caught up with the blog yesterday.

DD