Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 July 2013

Lady Lainey's real F(Ryan)day


Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!! today really is F(ryan)day, today I get to see his Royal purple pants Ryanness in the real as I am off to The Riverside after work to see my Tykey Vikings take on Durham Dinosaurs  Dynomo's.

Besty tiara ready                                       YES

Ticket ready                                              YES

Camera with 26x zoom ready                     YES

Ready for work                                          NO!!!

Now therein lies the rub, I have to kill 7 hours in super swanky Lady lainey office before I get to see the great man himself ( and of course Gillespie the Gallant). I suppose the fact that Sir Simon of Staines top boss man is paying a visit to the office today will kill a bit of time..............but I am going to be so super excited that I am hardly going to be able to concentrate on work.................


..................which brings me to more cricket news. As you are aware we have managed to tune in to TMS on't office wireless and listen to a load of old buffoons chattering on about cake and 'when I played cricket int Yorkshire wi a stick and a gobstopper'. However yesterday I have to say there were a lot of rather pregnant pauses which were all caused by a 19 year old Australian débutante.

Ashton Agar, had been brought into the team after being in England playing for Henley and being part of a group of Australians that came over to Hampshire to be under the wing of Giles White. he got called up for the  Australian squad and did not bowl to well on day one. However coming into bat to number 11 yesterday he broke all kind of records. the wonderful Glenn McGrath was in the commentary box of TMS and watched as his highest total as a number 11 batsman was smashed leaving only Tino Best's  ( former Tyke) top score of 95 in the 11 spot, to break. And boy did Ashton do it. He was on 98 and soooo very close to his century when Stuart Broad ( back from breaking a nail the day before ) came into bowl. Sadly Ashton was caught but not before he made the record books AND made the England team sit up and take notice. He left the Australians with a lead of 65.

England went into bat and closed the day on 80-2. Now this is test match cricket at it's best.

Jolly well done Ashton and lovely to see his family in the crowd to witness his amazing innings.

Over in Le  Tour Mark Cavendish has laughed off the urine episode but other things are creeping up to bite him on his bottom, as he is dropped by the team that were taking him on after Le Tour. It hasn't been a good week for him really. Especially as he was pipped to the post at Fougeres.


So now as I deal with the orange curls and get myself ready to set off to super swanky Lady Lainey office, I am looking forward to a full and top day of cricket.

have a yorker of a day everyone, because I think that I am going to!.







No comments :