Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 July 2013

New Fence Saturday

Nice legs!!!!


Now last night was one of the highlights in the diary of I, Lady Lainey. The Durham v Yorkshire T20 match and for the first time in years there was no rain!, however it was brought to my attention that I appear to be slightly biased and very vocal about cricket.It was noted that I

  1. Talk about his Royal Ryanness with increasing regularity
  2.  do not like many England player unless they are Tykes
  3.  favour any players that have worn a Yorkshire shirt.
So for the person ( Pauly Paul) who brought this to my attention I can only say........................

.........................TOUGH FLIPPING TITTY,  I love Yorkshire.


SO to the match. Well would you 'Adam and Eve' it His Royal Ryanness  was only fielding in serious touching distance of I Lady Lainey, although being the shy, retiring type that I am, I DID NOT touch. Tempting though it was.

And there was only a flipping streaker shortly after Yorkshire went into bat, well let me tell you it has blinking well put me right off chipolatas that's for sure. however after the carry on with louts in the hospitality during the Hampshire game and my consequent letter of complaint to Durham regarding stewarding, it took 6 blinking security men to eject the said streaker from the ground. Not that he was making a fuss, but they were obviously putting all their Ashes Stewards training to good use ( not). And even the 'fat controller' got involved. Glad to see that they were taking their duties seriously.

Over at the Ashes the main focus was on whether or not Stuart Broad should have walked, so I am saying nothing about this  other than of course KP had to have his say on the matter, enough said! And so all that is left is to state that  the score on the end of day two was England 326-6.

I will say that I have come to the conclusion that most Umpiring in cricket is not great, they mostly rely on the third umpire, and if the umpires make a decision they usually reverse this within 3 seconds. Why not do away with them and do everything electronically! 


So why the title I can hear you all asking???? Well today Miles the Landscaper is coming to erect a new fence in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers, which will stop trespassers and also make the grounds look super splendid.

What will I Lady Lainey be doing whilst all this is on going? well I will probably be on the garage roof 'acrypolling' ( my finger nails if previous experience is anything to go by).
And also today is going to be jolly flipping hot too, so best to put on some sunscreen.

'Oh no my stalker is here again!'

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Greetings from sunny France. Just to let you know that Mark Cavendish won the stage yesterday. Thought readers may like to hear about that too.

DD