Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 July 2013

What a day!!



OMG what a day I had yesterday, starting at 8am by the landscaper arriving, YIPPEEEE I shouted, quickly followed by a few expletives ( yes sometimes I Lady Lainey use a swear word), when he told me he couldn't do my work but would come tomorrow ( that would be today!). So I set about killing the time until 11am when the test match started by doing jolly flipping mundane things, like washing and housework.

I tuned into the test match and then tuned out again as it became quite boring at times. Then I had a little nap.

Besty home county of Yorkshire were in T20 action against Nottinghamshire ( former home of his Royal Ryanness). The match saw Samit Patel star with the bat and the ball and saw my Tykes lose by 25 runs, however his Royal Ryanness took a wicket but never got to bat. Yorkshire need to up the ante a bit on the T20 front HOWEVER considering that they were in division 2 last year and are currently leading division 1 this year I think that the Gillespie effect is doing wonders for the team.

Former besty home team of Durham were down at Derbyshire and won by 4 wickets with Ben Stokes being the shining star on this occasion ( makes up for blotting his copy book earlier in the year).

I woke to find that England were still making quite hard work of the cricket, then the breakthrough came and they emerged as the winners ( which had been obvious since Friday) however credit where credit is due they played brilliantly.

After all this had taken place it was time for I Lady Lainey to sit down in front of the TV and watching LE Tour, having watched the cyclist race through my 'home land' for 3 weeks, it was Le Grande Finale as the race ends in Paris. If you have never seen this then you have missed a treat and it really is wonderful. Even more wonderful was that Chris Froome won Le Tour and made Lady Lainey cry with his wonderful speech from the podium.

Mark Cavendish was sadly pipped to the post in the race for the line, to come in 3rd on the last stage.

Paris was alive  with 'son et lumiere' I flipping wish that I had been there! It was amazing

However MP's in England have been quick to say that children should avoid competitive sport because it can put them off exercise for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These people sit on their backsides all day working out how they can fiddle there expenses so that they can cream off more money, the chances of them doing any exercise is nil, even though they are probably claiming for gym membership.
If more children were encouraged to take part in a competitive sport there would be less obesity in the UK.
Do these people seriously think about what they are saying???????????

Yesterday was a proud day to be British. Two young men have shone this weekend in sport both have dreamt  of what they did since they were children and both loved every minute of their achievement.

Joe Root and Chris Froome take a flipping bow.

No comments :