Powered By Blogger

Friday 26 July 2013

Yipdeskip it is F(Ryan)day



Yipdeflipping skip it is F(ryan)day and the end of the working week for I, Lady Lainey, however there is much more work to be done at Tykes Towers ( if  I can be bothered).

However last night Mr Funky and I set off in the big blue tank thing and went off to The Riverside to watch former besty home county of Durham take on Leicestershire. The best part of the evening was watching the two little boys sat next to us running up and down with their coats on their heads playing 'Batman and Robin'. I wanted to join in but couldn't because

  1. I didn't have a coat with a hood
  2. I would have been ejected by the stewards
  3. Mr Funky wouldn't let me
and talking about Mr Funky the chauffeur, he is now on Twitter so I will have to be tres careful about what I say.
It was good to see Steve Harmison on the field however he was working for Sky and not for Durham, gosh his bank balance will have swelled at the end of this season, what with his Durham wage, his Sky fee AND his benefit year takings! nice job if you can get it.
So the match itself was OK.............yes really! Durham's Chris Rushworth took two consecutive wickets and we were all waiting with for the hat trick, but it never came, However when they bowled Leicester Foxes out for 119-7, Durham looked as if they would walk all over them. However the  Foxes had other ideas and with Rob Taylor taking 4-11 and being 1 run ahead at the same stage of the game, the hosts looked as if they may not be in a good position. However Ben Stokes put in a cracking performance and with an unbeaten 41, helped Durham to victory..

Also at Durham, they famously quoted that they would not be taking on an overseas player for T20 matches to save money. So I thought that with Geoff Cook out of action, and Jon Lewis stepping into his shoes, another of the back room boys ( of which there are many) would step up to be second XI  coach. How very wrong was I , they have wheeled out none other than retired,former player Neil 'Killer' Killeen. Now this begs the question, is he doing the job for the love of the county???/ I doubt it. #steveharmisonneilkilleenmoremoneywasted

So Sunday sees my Tykey Vikey in action against Leicestershire, Durham are up against Derbyshire and the one and only Chesney Hughes. I will be there weather permitting.

Sunday also see the Hungarian Grand Prix, all eyes glued to the qualifying tomorrow, which Dame Didi will miss, however by the time she is settled on the terrace of Chateau Didi Premier, with a bucket of Gros Plant she will hardly care.

And so I am off to my last day this week at Super swanky Lady Lainey office and I am getting the boys a breakfast from Mc Donalds, well they deserve a treat now and again, but if my coffee isn't ready when I get in...................................well who knows what will happen.




No comments :