Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lady Lainey makes preparations



Yes I Lady Lainey am making preparations for the next few weeks ( ie until I fly off home to France). I have organised the next couple of weekends of cricket and also am trying to sort out ( already) my flipping case for going home. I tell you all this weight restriction nonsense, gets my flipping curls in a twirl. I am limited to the amount of shoes, handbags and tiaras I can take...........and that is never a good thing. A Lady Lainey without her tiara is like his Royal Ryanness without his purple undies ( yea I still have this on my mind!!! see above pic, can you spot him?).

And moving very swiftly on to cricket from yesterday. Sadly former besty home county in the south, Hampshire lost to Lancashire ( who once again did not play the lovely Oliver Newby). This was another blow for Dimi in the run up to his retirement. I really wanted to see him go out with a bang.

 Today however see the start of the 5th test and the rumour that Monty Panesar still wants to play for England, well get to the back of the queue. And after a very poor performance yesterday against Essex, I think that he needs to stay in the nets! Rumours also going mad about whether Tremlett will be in the team. I think it will be the usual suspects plus a couple of super egos. However lets see what  really happens.

Finns name is also back in the England running, but my view ( not that anyone really cares) is that he should take the remainder of the season to get fit and improve. #justmythoughts

 I have just been scanning the Division One table and think that Derbyshire need to get a wriggle on to avoid relegation, so I am really going to have to cheer on former besty home team of Durham this weekend to get them to beat Surrey ( who are a step above Derbyshire).
Yorkshire are 10 points clear ( but that means nothing apart from we need excellent batting and bowling) and they have a game in hand. #coyt

We are now on countdown with 7 days until I am off to Scarbados, 7 days before I go off to support my Tykes, 7 days until I can 'splodge' in the sea, eat fish and chips, washed down with ginger beer and then finished off with candy floss.................not forgetting the sick bag for the way home! Maybe I will forget stuffing my face as green is never a good look with orange.



Yesterday also saw the wonderful photographs of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George and their dogs. A wonderful family photograph and the great thing is, not taken by a stuffy official photographer, but taken by the Duchess's father, at his home.I really think that these two young royals are going to be doing things their way!



No comments :