Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 August 2013

Lazy Daisy!









Well I had a super flipping lie in this morning!, I woke up first of all at 4.30am and couldn't get back to sleep, just when I convinced myself that I should get up and do something constructive, I turned over and went back to sleep until 7.30am!! Now that was a real lie in................


..........which is something that the teams will not be doing this morning as they will be munching on brekkie and making their way to The Riverside ground for day 3 of the test.

Yesterday it was a strange day,England initially looked strong when they went into bowl with Stuart broad seeing off the top three Australians before lunch. However Shane Watson and Chris Rogers came into the crease and played brilliantly. Watson went at 68 but Rogers went on to make his maiden Ashes century and he received the applause in a truly humble way. No strutting about on the wicket for him and waving his bat ( a la KP). He looked totally amazed that he had done it.

The umpires then took the players off for bad light and eventually called off the match for the day which was a great shame for the spectators.However it all resumes today and as it swings one way and then the other there is no real telling how this match will end.

Today sees my Tykey Vikings in action against Leicestershire in a 40 overs match. I can't find the team line up so they must be keeping it under wraps until they get there!

Durham have travelled up to Glasgow to take on Scotland in a 40 over match.Now that could go either way as I think that Scotland are  a great bowling team but their batting lets them done.

Good luck to both clubs today.

And what will I Lady Lainey be doing today, well I will be putting up another curtain pole, doing a spot of cooking and then having a little nap, before possibly painting another couple of railings!

OH joy, the life of a Lady is so enviable, however I have to say jolly flipping well done to James  at All Out Cricket, who posted out my T shirt, and I received it yesterday. Top marks for promptness!and a flipping nice T shirt too!





No comments :