Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 August 2013

Oh yes it's really is F(ryan)day



OMG, it is F(ryan)day and nearly the start of a super crickety bank holiday weekend for I, Lady Lainey.....................................................................however, we haven't discussed yesterday yet and I am not talking about the Test match either!

So without further ado let us get straight to the most important scores from yesterday. As you are all aware, in super swanky Lady Lainey office, we listen to the TMS on't wireless, which is blinking  great except that they only do a county scores round up at lunch and tea. So I Lady Lainey and Job the Jolly keep up with all things cricket on Twitter. So here is what happened.

I, Lady Lainey am sitting at my desk looking pretty and drinking gallons of green tea ( new health kick), I check Twitter. My Tykes have only gone and scored 407 runs with little Jonny Bairstow scoring 62 and Steven Patterson scoring 40 putting on  91 in a ninth wicket stand. Little beauties!!!!.

Job the Jolly and I have a little chat about work ( yukky four letter word) and then I file my nails, when I  check Twitter I cannot flipping believe it. I tell you I was spinning round in my chair faster than Linda Blairs head in 'The Exorcist'. 'Jobbers!!!' I screamed  ' My flipping Ryan has only gone and taken two wickets in the first 30 seconds of play' ( OK a slight exaggeration but you get the drift).

This continued with Ryan and Steven Patterson clearing out the Notts players, I, Lady Lainey whooping in  my office .................and then it rained and they all came off. Well this gave me a flipping chance to catch my breath. And have a cup of coffee!! So by the time the players went back on I was bouncing!.

By the time I  got home, His Royal Ryanness has claimed 4 wickets, Patterson had claimed 5 and Rashid had finished it off!! Thus forcing the follow on. Yep and you guessed it, The 'purple undies' boy only went and took another wicket, followed by the great double act of Plunkett and Brooks. What a flipping day for Yorkshire. Those boys are on fire!




And then we get to former besty home county of Durham who  scored 309 and were nearly all bowled out by Chris Tremlett. Oh well that's, that cricket report!

I am keeping a little eye on Derbyshire as I do not want them to be relegated and after a great performance yesterday they are fighting to stay up.Today is the last day of the match and I will be watching intently on Twitter.

So finally the Test. Well Australia did jolly well, Darren Lehmann has been fined for saying harsh things about Stuart broad ( flipping heck I say harsh things about lots of people in this blog). and we go into day 3! End of report.

Really Thursday was Yorkshire's day and I know that some readers will say that I am totally biased but do you want to know something??? I am and I don't care.

#WAYAW




No comments :