Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Singapore here I come...




Well Sir Robert the Viceroy of Singapore phoned me at lunchtime yesterday  to tell me he was sending me a blinking picutre of The Raffles Hotel which he has to keep walking past as he is not allowed to go in until I am with him ( Singapores slings all round). He said I had to start seriously saving to go out there and stop buying shoes, handbags, tiaras etc. Well what is a girl to do???? So many bargains!!!


Well the Lady was whooping with delight last night and in a tiara twirling frenzy as England beat the Australians at Chester Le Street, however it wasn't plain sailing. The Aussies did give them a run for their money and to be honest, with some more hard work, this will be a team to be reckoned with. Credit goes to Stuart broad who proved that when the time is right he can overcome being 'crocked' and step up to the mark. Inspired bowing on his part helped to take the Australian team apart. However as you know, no one man is the team and the whole effort by England ( yes including Bell and KP) helped to secure a fine win.
Jolly well done to the boys and now on to the 5th and final test.

Sadly Graham Onions who was omitted from this test looks as if he will not get a chance to shine this time as he has broken his finger and will be out of action. He broke his finger in the YB40 match against Scotland although he is hoping to be fit for the Durham v Surrey matches at the end of the month.


Cricket taking lace today is YB40 action with besty home county of Yorkshire in action against unicorns at the home of cricket ( Headingley). Former besty home county of Durham are in Essex ( no white stilettos boys!).  Former besty home county in the South , Hampshire have done a mammoth journey to Glasgow to take on Scotland  Good luck to all the  teams ( but more luck to Yorkshire!!)

Tykes Towers is now in a frenzy ( not to mention Her Ladyship) as the time draws nearer for the big birthday bash. The case is nearly packed but the orange curls have still to have a top of colour ( tonight) and the birthday and xmas pressies ( to save on postage later in the year) are still to go into the case. I am hoping that with the help of 'big' John Pallant I might be able to acquire a cutting of the hydrangea that I bought for super friend Bruce Ritchie many years ago and which grows against the wall of the cricket Pavilion at MTS. I hope that I can do this as then I can take a cutting with me to la belle France when I go off their to live and will always have a memory of Bruce growing in my garden.

Job the Jolly is off on his jollies with little Sir Ben, I hope that they have a great time and enjoy the zoo and seaworld. however I am thinking that Sir Ben will enjoy Nickleodeon world more!

Big hugs go out to Dame Didi who after a trying weekend is hopefully settling down to a quieter week.
Not long to France now so keep thinking about that!


And time has now flipping well run away and I must wend my way to super swanky Lady Lainey office where it is only Pony Paul and I . So better get gargling to get my shouting voice into full working order.

And the sun is shining.



No comments :